Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - October 13

Judy is a special blogging friend of mine and she hosts this great meme every Wednesday at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog.
Here are some of my blessings from this week:
1. Sunday's gospel reading was all about gratitude for me. On my post on Sunday, I reflected on the years that I didn't know to thank God. I am grateful that I have grown in faith and know my Lord whom I thank for all my blessings!
2. I am grateful for my husband  - I always write about how much he makes me laugh and how he is a great cook and takes such good care of me. Have I told you how compassionate and gentle he is?
3. Thank you, Lord, for my best girlfriend of 50 years. We do not see each other often - we live hundreds of miles apart - but we stay in touch and support each other and cry on each other's shoulders, so to speak.
4. And so I am thankful for email! I email my mom everyday (who also lives far away) and it is like having coffee together, reviewing our day, chatting about whatever. AND my best friend and I stay in touch through email as well. I am a terrible letter-writer so email has really been a blessing!
5. Books. I love books. I love reading them and sharing them. As a child, they gave me a safe place to escape to and such grand adventures! As an adult, they teach and inspire and entertain. Thank you, Lord, for books and writers and stories!
What are some of your blessings this week?

10 comments :

Mary333 said...

These are great blessings, Colleen! Hopefully your husband reads your posts, too, because you say such wonderful things about him :)
I'm thankful for books, too. I love to read! Michaela takes after me - between the two of us we have way too many books!

Colleen said...

Mary, I got a Nook which has helped me save space on my book shelves!! I am really a book-a-holic!! God bless!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

What a great list of thanksgiving!
And Colleen...please tell our friend Mary333 that there's no such thing as : "too many books", LOL

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Such wonderful things to be thankful for. We try to talk about the things that we are thankful for often. We want our children to know that there are blessings in our everyday life, and not to take them for granted. Great post Colleen.
Blessings,
Marcia

Daily Grace said...

the blessings you share always give me joy! Thank you

Mary333 said...

Colleen,
What do you think of the Nook? I'm asking because Randy wants to get me a Kindle but I am curious about the Nook too. My books are really cluttering up the house! I think Randy's worried that there won't be space for him soon :)

Colleen said...

Judy, you are so right!! lol

Marcia, thank you. I brought my kids up the same way. So important to be aware of our blessings and where they come from!

Daily Grace, thank you! God bless!

Mary, I love the nook. Easy to get books and download them. You can listen to audiobooks through it too. And play games. and share your book with others. and get a sample. and use other ebooks besides barnes and nobles. really cool! Can you tell I like it? :)

Debra said...

I'm right there with you on the books! I just love the feel, touch and smell of a good book. It truly is such a comfort! Only book lovers can understand this.

Colleen said...

Debra, I agree!! God bless!

Mary333 said...

Yes, I can tell :) Thanks for the info!