Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sabbath Moments - Ebb and Flow

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
Some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. I reached out to some friends for prayers and they answered the call right away. (cannot get too specific right now but prayers are still needed!)
2. Spent some time alone this week in a hospital lobby. Watched people come and go and said a prayer for them. Some people from church stopped and said hello. Seems like God was directing the traffic in and out. Ebb and flow of care and prayers.
3. Weather here suddenly very cool! Some natives would say it was cold. Snowbirds (visitors from the north) laugh at us Floridians. I sat in my chair, sweater on and blanket covering my lap. I felt warm and comforted and thanked the Lord.

11 comments :

evanscove said...

I accidentally added my link to an earlier "Sabbath Moments" post. So just disregard that one. :-)

evanscove said...

"People watching" in a public place can be very interesting and certainly provide a lot of food for thought. What are their stories?

I'm not surprised the "Snow Birds" laugh at Floridians for thinking that some jacket weather constitutes a cold snap! When I was living in Indiana, we could get (heavy) snowfalls as early as October, and there was always the chance of snow or at least frost all the way into May. (I'm glad not to be living up there anymore! The South suits me just fine.) While in Costa Rica (which has a tropical climate), I always got tickled by the locals' idea of cold weather, as most of them had never experienced our wintry weather. It's all a matter of what you get used to.

But it's getting cooler here too, with temperatures staying in the 50s and 60s. Fall is really setting in finally.

Evan

Anonymous said...

I have been praying for you and your intentions in a special way since reading your post yesterday. May our Lord's peace surround you and comfort you, my friend.
Mary

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Like the "ebb and flow" idea. It's the tide of God's grace, yes? Thanks for hosting this meme. I enjoy reading others' moments, too.

Colleen said...

Evan, we actually have the heat on tonight!! first time this fall! LOL

Mary, thank you for your prayers.

Barb, thank YOU for joining in and for your comments. Yes, the tide of God's grace! I love that!

Mary333 said...

Sorry I posted anonymously earlier, Colleen. I thought I was signed in but it kept telling me my password was wrong when I tried to comment. Thanks for hosting Sabbath Moments each week.

I smiled when I read about you praying for strangers at the hospital. Have you ever wondered if one of the strangers you pray for is on the edge of conversion and one prayer may be all the nudge they need? Or they could be in trouble and desperately need prayer? Your comment about God directing traffic made me think about this :)

Colleen said...

Mary, I was thinking that must be you!!

Thanks for these thoughts. I remember wondering if these people were praying too and hoping my prayers would help them.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I am always amazed and comforted to see the Sabbath that is still possible even in the most trying of Moments! I'm glad that you found some of these this week Colleen!
Stay warm!

Colleen said...

Judy, thank you so much! Pretty cold today!

therese rita said...

Just found Sabbath Moments! This is a link to a Moment brought to me by Suffering...

Colleen said...

Therese, thank you for that link! I visited your blog to read it. A great sabbath moment! God bless!