Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sabbath Moments - Giving Thanks

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
One of my sabbath moments this week:
Thanksgiving night - I sat with my 5 month old grandson in my lap, watching the fish in my son's huge fish tank. The beautiful colors, the bubbling water, the motion of the fish back and forth, was so peaceful and relaxing for both of us.
I said a prayer, thanked God for the moment  - the moment of silence and peace and joy with my grandson - and thanked God for the beautiful day of giving thanks.

8 comments :

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I LOVE this moment you've shared!
My daughter Christine has a big fish tank too and I always find myself gravitating to it when I visit her!
You're right...it's so peaceful and lovely! Thanks for helping us pay closer attention to the presence of GOD in our everyday moments!

Mary333 said...

Nothing better than a baby in the lap, Colleen! I miss that! I'm sure the fish must fascinate your grandson. He has the dogs to rev him up and Grammy and the fish to relax him :)

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Babies in laps are great! What a reminder of God's loving gift of life.

Our family doctor has a large fish tank with a lot of tropical fish in it. I love to watch them.

evanscove said...

Thanksgiving Day with family--what better sabbath moment could you ask for? :-)

Fish tanks can be very soothing. Glad to hear you had such a good day!

Evan

deodate said...

I am thankful for finding moments of quiet during this busy season. Whether it be with a little on my lap, or sharing with an elderly relative, or sitting quietly in church. I am most thankful for silence.
Andie

Colleen said...

Thank you to all and God bless!

Judy, thank YOU! Funny about those fish tanks. Very peaceful. My dentist has some in his waiting room. I really need them there!

Mary, I agree about the baby in the lap! And that relaxes grammy! :) Thanks.

Barb, See my note to Judy about my dentist! God bless!

Evan, I agree. Thanks!

Andie, I crave silence a lot.

therese rita said...

I was so surprised to see this "moment" because I thought I was the only one who loved watching my fish tank! Its a 30 gallon tank with only angel fish & I originally bought it for my grandchildren & ended up just loving it. Thank you for this post.

Colleen said...

therese rita - oh, I love the fish tank. My son has had one for a few years now. I love watching the fish and now I love showing my grandson! Thanks for joining me this week!