Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sabbath Moments: God & Nature

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
Some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. Drove to work one morning and sat in my car for a few minutes just to get myself together and take a few deep breaths. There was a bird - not sure of what kind - that was walking around the grassy area. It then meandered to the pavement near my car and just stood there. Almost looked like it was watching me to see what I was doing.
I love to watch birds walk - doesn't look natural to them really - and this one bird reminded me of the need to slow down and take a minute to contemplate God and His gifts. I would have missed this moment if I had hurried out of the car.
2. Oh, gosh, another beautiful sunset on my drive home from work. The sky turned pink and as I drove over the bridge that crosses the river near my home, I saw the color reflected on one side of the bridge. One side had pink water and the other side gray/blue. I so wanted to take a picture but decided I should keep my eyes on the road instead! Thank you Lord!
3. I have already posted about my grandson's baptism. (If you missed it, you can see it here and here!). But that day, and especially that moment of baptism, was one long beautiful sabbath moment for me! Thank you Lord!
:)

8 comments :

hip-chick said...

I love these little moments when we feel as if God was right there next to us.

deodate said...

Thanks Colleen. I am thankful that we are thinking about Sabbath Moments when Thanksgiving is next week and there is much to be done. Thank you for reminding us what is really important.
Andie

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Such beautiful moments you've shared with us ~ Thank you Colleen! This is why I love this meme so much...I learn to watch and wait and look and listen ... finding God in the simple moments of life.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Your post reminds me of "over the river and through the woods, to Grandmother's house we go..." Over that bridge sounds like many opportunities to enjoy the handiworks of God. So are the grandkid and kids coming for Thanksgiving? We all have so much to be thankful for!

evanscove said...

Great moments! :-)
Glad you're still savoring your grandson's baptism. I'm sure you'll all enjoy reminiscing about that for a long time.
You seem to love sunsets--which I understand. The way the setting sun splashes the sky with oranges and reds can be such a wonderful sight.

I hope your upcoming week is full of more sabbath moments like these.
Evan

Colleen said...

hip-chick, me too! We just need to be aware!

andie, God bless! I am thankful too!

Judy, thank you! I agree! This meme helps me be more aware and your thankful meme helps me be more aware of my blessings!

Barb, I like that Thanksgiving song - over the river - I go over that river twice each work day and yes, I notice a lot of beauty there. We are going to son's house and a huge family gathering! Over 50 I think! Happy Thanksgiving!

Evan, thank you. Same to you.
Yes, I do love sunsets. Sunsets near the beach are the best.
As for grandson's baptism, yeah. I did not know I would be this kind of grandma - all proud and showing off! Kinda fun!

Mary333 said...

Wonderful moments, Colleen! I saw a beautiful sunset today, too :)
And don't forget to send the birds back up here after their winter vacation down there. I'm hearing very few tweets lately. Thanks for hosting, Colleen!

Colleen said...

Mary, thank you! I will send the birds back but I will miss them!