Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sabbath Moments - Peace & Joy

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
Some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. Early in the morning, a cool gulf breeze gently blowing through the living room and the rest of the house, reminding me of the Holy Spirit. I have felt out of sync but at this moment I feel at peace.
2. Watching the video my daughter-in-law sent me, listening to my grandson laugh, a baby's belly laugh that fills my heart with joy!
3. Driving home from work, the sky ahead of me had two layers of clouds, one pink and one pastel blue like a baby blanket! No kidding! God paints such beautiful pictures!

7 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Wish I could have seen those clouds! Some places have such beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

evanscove said...

Yes, God paints some awesome masterpieces! Glad you got to enjoy that as well as the laughter of your grandchild. Children can be such a delight! :-)

And it's probably appropriate that the refreshing breeze felt like a touch from the Holy Spirit, as both the Hebrew and Greek words for spirit can actually "wind" or "breath".

Evan

Colleen said...

Barb, you would have loved these! One of a kind picture.

Evan, thank you! And I think the word is "Ruah"?

Mary333 said...

Hi Colleen! I loved the video of your grandson. I didn't know they had three dogs! No wonder the baby seemed so comfortable with with Lucy. She obviously likes him, too :)

Colleen said...

Mary, yes, Landan is a pretty laid back baby too. He just hung out at the restaurant with us. He was in his stroller and he just watched us and laughed for 2 hours AFTER his baptism and all that entails! Do I sound PROUD? :)
Of course, we are a funny bunch! LOL

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

WOW! What great moments!
Thank you for sharing BABY LAUGHS with us....my kids will want to see this over and over and over again!

Colleen said...

Judy, oh I am glad your kids got to see it and enjoyed it so much. :)