Friday, November 5, 2010

Sometimes Something Happens

Sometimes something happens... and I feel like I have that "deer caught in the headlights" look. I am surprised by the sudden crisis upon me and I am not sure how to act or think. I am almost frozen in place.
Sometimes something happens...  and I look to Jesus because there is nowhere else to look and I look for strength and miracles and answers and hope to hang onto. I can only stay in the present moment. To go anywhere else would be a mistake because there is no God there. God is only here. In the eternal "Now."
Sometimes something happens... and I might be afraid but I sense such a strong presence within me and I begin to notice that presence everywhere in everything and everyone. It is then I know Jesus is carrying me and I can only thank him.
Place your hope in God alone - (Rule of St Benedict 4:41)

5 comments :

Karinann said...

"Lord to whom shall we go?"
Thanks for posting this quote from St Benedict's rule; it is a beautiful reminder that God is with us in everything.
Hugs!
PS- Thanks for posting the song All Good Gifts on Prayerful Morsels. I love the play Godspell.

Mary333 said...

May we all have this kind of faith when times get tough, Colleen. This is a beautiful post on trusting God in all circumstances. Praying for you :)

Colleen said...

Karinann, thank you for that quote from scripture. Perfect! Glad you liked the song. Hugs!

Mary,thank you for your comment and your prayers!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

May you cling to the faith and trust that has gotten you this far in life my friend. I loved how this post showed up directly next to Matthew 28:20 in your sidebar! Now THAT'S comfort, eh?

Colleen said...

Judy, wow. I didnt see that! I have to check it out! Thanks for your prayer.