Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - Baptized with Joy

Judy is a special blogging friend of mine and she hosts this great meme every Wednesday at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Why don't you join us? Thank you, Judy for helping me to stay more aware of the blessings God gives me every day!
Some of my blessings this week:
1. My grandson's baptism! Such a joyful day! Words cannot describe it so instead I am posting a couple of pictures (see below)! Just a wonderful, wonderful day.
2. My grandson - he was awake for hours on his baptism day and never fussed. After the baptism, he watched us eat lunch in the restaurant from the viewpoint of his stroller and never cried. Not once. In fact he enjoyed watching his father so much that every time my son took a bite of food or said anything, my grandbaby just laughed and laughed!! I think he is probably the cutest, the most adorable, the most easy-going 5 month old grandson in the whole world! (I am a little prejudiced. lol)
3. My husband - felt better this week. Still waiting to do more tests. He was thrilled doing the baptism of course. And we celebrated his birthday this week. Quite a week for the Sunshine of my life!
4. My website - Catholic Prayer life now has 40 Facebook fans! Woo hoo! Just added a page where people can write in and name their favorite saint! I am enjoying working on it and grateful for all who have supported me and helped me along the way, including the host of this meme! (Thanks, Judy)
5. My faith - I feel like I have been on a roller coaster ride these past 2 weeks. High up and pretty low. But Faith helps even things out. Faith and hope. Thank you, Lord.
Now for pictures!!
Hanging out with my cool uncle-godfather
Daddy and mommy fussing over me with godmother looking on
Having fun with daddy and grammy
Grammy! Look! Grandpa's blessing me!!

4 comments :

munchesmom said...

Great list! The photos from your grandson's baptism are just precious...esp. the one w/ you, your son & grandson. Definitely a photo to frame!

Continuing prayers for your husband! Hope the tests come back w/ good results.

Mary333 said...

Hi Colleen! I'm glad to hear your husband is feeling better. I will keep him in my prayers.

The baptism pictures were wonderful! I can see that you are a proud Grammy :)

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Happy Birthday Rich!
Happy Baptism Day Landan!
HAPPY LIFE Grammy!
(I love that we are both called "Grammy" by our grandchildren!)
I am SO thrilled for the success of your website...it is growing every day! I'll be sure to check out that new Saint page...what a great idea!
May you be comforted by your faith as you wade the high and low tides of it all.
Prayers for good test results for your darling husband are ongoing:)
Thanks for sharing these AWESOME photos!

Colleen said...

munchesmom, thank you! I love that picture too! Thanks for the prayers.

Mary, thanks for praying! Yes I am definitely proud. I am becoming one of those bragging grandmas.

Judy, thank you, thank you, thank you! I love that we are both Grammy too!
Thanks for your blessings and support as always. And prayers! Still need them! However, yesterday he actually looked and acted like his old self. Yay! God bless you!