Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - The Gift of Today

Here we are again, taking this special time to thank the Lord for our many blessings. Judy is a special blogging friend of mine and she hosts this great meme every Wednesday at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Thank you, Judy!
Thank you, Lord for your goodness, your faithfulness, your love and mercy.
Thank you, Lord, for carrying my burdens when I don't think I can carry them myself any more.
Thank you, Lord, for giving me the attitude that there are blessings everywhere and in everything, I just need to take the time to look.
Thank you, Lord, for my husband, who is the sunshine of my life.
Thank you, Lord, for the gift of today. For the gift of this very moment.

9 comments :

munchesmom said...

I love your list today...esp. your 3rd one. I could have written the exact same things.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Wow! AMEN and AMEN!
This is such a beautiful post!
Thanks, Colleen!

Colleen said...

munchesmom, thank you. God bless!

Judy, thank you! You are welcome! God bless!

Daily Grace said...

I always love reading your thankful blessing, this was my gift for today and I thank you Colleen!

Colleen said...

Daily Grace, thank YOU, too! God bless!

pip said...

Today I am thankful for the sacramental strength of sanctifying grace, for perseverence, and for porridge! (great for stamina :))

Colleen said...

Pip, thanks for your list! I love it especially perseverance. I know I need that myself.

pip said...

Colleen...if you need perseverance, eat porridge in the morning. You'd be surprised how much the sustained energy helps to be more present to the day :)

Colleen said...

Pip, I have never tried porridge! I will have to try some!