Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - Prayers & Support

Judy is a special blogging friend of mine and she hosts this great meme every Wednesday at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Thank you, Judy for helping me to stay more aware of the blessings God gives me every day!
Some of my blessings this week:
1. Thank you, Lord, for nurses and doctors who have been kind and caring toward my hubby and me. He has been undergoing tests and we are still not sure what is wrong with him. I am so thankful that he is feeling a little better this week.
2. Thank you for my blogging friends  - they have been praying for us even though most do not even know any of the specifics. Please keep praying!
3. Thank you, Lord, for my grandson who is being baptized this weekend (by his own deacon grandfather!) What a joyous day that will be!!
4. Thank you, Lord, for the cooler weather. We were finally able to turn off the air conditioner for the first time since about April or May. Our house smells so fresh!
5. Thank you, Lord, for my job at a Catholic Church where everyone prayed and were so supportive as they dealt with me coming and going at different hours all last week. I was able to just focus on helping my husband.

8 comments :

Karinann said...

Colleen,
Continued prayers for hubby. Welcome to your grandson as he is baptized this weekend.
Hugs!

munchesmom said...

Beautiful list! Sending prayers for you & hubby.

munchesmom said...

Me again! I forgot to mention...Baptisms are great alone, but when done by a family member they're made all the more special. My deacon dad baptized all four of our munchkins.

Ruth said...

I'm blessed to see how you remained thankful amid trials, Colleen. I pray for your husband's healing. May the Lord give wisdom to those doctors and nurses attending his medical test.

I pray for God's amazing grace to abound in you.

Blessings!

Mary333 said...

How beautiful that your grandson is being baptized by your husband! A very special day for all of you!

I'm glad your husband is feeling a bit better. I will keep him (and all of you) in my prayers.

Doesn't cool weather feel good? I get sick of summers about 1 week after they start. Don't tell the Lord that though ;)

Colleen said...

Karinann, thank you for your prayers, my friend! AND the welcome for my grandson!:)
Hugs!

munchesmom, thank you for your prayers! And your comment about your deacon dad. I know how you feel because I felt that way when my hubby married my son last year and now this baptism! Such a feeling! Thanks!

Ruth, thank you for your beautiful prayers. God bless!

Mary, yes! A special day for sure! Thanks for your prayers! I know what you mean about summer! God bless!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I am continually amazed at how you always find blessings in the trials of life...praying for all of you.
Give Landan a special Baptism kiss and hug for us! Did I spell that correctly? Thank you for posting an entry for this meme when you have so much going on at home Colleen :)

Colleen said...

Judy, it is because of prayers from friends like you! And grace.
Yes, you spelled it right. I just posted a short video of Landan laughing at Lucy, their littlest dog!