Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - Thanksgiving!

This meme is so perfect for this week, isn't it? Thanksgiving week!
Judy is a special blogging friend of mine and she helps to make every week Thanksgiving week for all of us by reminding us of the need to be thankful!
Judy hosts this great meme every Wednesday at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Why don't you join us? Thank you, Judy!
Some of my blessings this week:
1. My website - I am thankful for my Catholic Prayer Life website and for Judy's help along the way. I am thankful for how I can use it to share my blessings and my faith with others.
2. Can we ever say thank you enough? This week of Thanksgiving is a week of family time. My HUGE family gets together every year. This includes stepchildren and grandchildren and just a huge gang! Thank you for my family, Lord!
3. I am grateful for cranberry sauce - the plain kind in the can. I don't like fancy ways of serving cranberry sauce. I just like the plain kind. I have loved it since I was a little girl. I cannot wait to have some!
4. My hubby is feeling better. We are waiting for new tests to be done and I am not good with waiting but it is the season of waiting or almost! (Advent). I am just grateful he is feeling better and looks better.
5. FIVE days off! I am very grateful for this long weekend. A time of family and food and rest (I hope). Yay!
(Speaking of thankful, I started a Gratitude Journal at my website. Please visit me there. You can keep a running list of your reasons to be grateful!)

5 comments :

munchesmom said...

What a great list this week! I haven't had much time to spend on your website, but what I've seen so far has been great. My oldest would agree w/ you on #3...he always looks forward to the canned cranberry sauce. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Colleen said...

munchesmom, thank you! and thanks for visiting my site.
my youngest loved the canned cranberry sauce the best of ANYTHING we ever had for Thanksgiving! It's become a family joke. lol. God bless!

Mary333 said...

I bet you are loving the idea of five days off in a row! I know Michaela is glad to get five days off from school :) Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family, Colleen!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Oh what a JOYFUL list of thanksgiving!
My mother likes the same cranberry sauce as you! This is ONE way that we are not alike my friend...I make mine with fresh berries and orange juice and walnuts! (Except if I'm having it with my mum and then I get the kind YOU like! ha ha!)
ENJOY your time off of work with your family!
Prayers for Rich ongoing:)

Colleen said...

Mary - yes, these 5 days off should be very good for me! God bless!

Judy, thank you for your prayers and comment! Glad you eat my kind cranberry sauce with your mom!! LOL
God bless!