Friday, December 24, 2010

Finding Bethlehem

It's almost Christmas. The parish office is pretty busy. I am running back & forth between the church and the office. Each time I do, I feel a nudge to go to the Blessed Sacrament Chapel.
So each time I go there, I pay attention to that nudge and I go to make a short visit, to say hello to Jesus.
And all I can do, it seems, is stand there in front of the tabernacle, with tears rolling down my face. I really don't know why. I just feel filled up with love for Jesus. And an awareness of His presence.
It's almost Christmas. Perhaps my waiting is over. Perhaps I have found Bethlehem.
Emmanuel.

7 comments :

deodate said...

How wonderful that in spite of the 'running' you stop at the most important spot of all. I'm sure that tears of gratitude are flowing both ways.
Andie

Colleen said...

Andie, thank you. How beautiful that is to think about. Merry Christmas!

Tracy said...

Have a lovely Christmas Colleen!!!

Colleen said...

Merry Christmas Tracy!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

You are so lucky to be able to stop in for a short visit so often - and what a great way to make the running around fruitful. I am reminded of how Blessed Francisco Marta went up on the altar and snuggled next to the tabernacle to keep company with Jesus. He really does desire our loving notice. As usual, you give me something to think about.

Kathleen@so much to say said...

That's lovely. I often feel that tug, too, but I hardly ever heed it. This is another nudge, I think!

Colleen said...

Barb, I love that this gave you something to think about. I am very lucky that I am so close to the Blessed Sacrament. I too often take it for granted.

Kathleen, thank you and yes, it sure could be a nudge for you!