Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sabbath Moments - Focuse on Jesus

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
Some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. Eucharistic Adoration - ahhhhh. What a relief it was to go to church and to sit in silence before the Lord. To take this time in the middle of the night to focus on Jesus and to rest in His presence.
2. Music - listened to one of my cd's that I put together of favorite Christian songs and one of them just grabbed my heart this week and won't let go - This is the Air I Breathe. I had many Sabbath moments with this song this week, a wonderful song to help me focus on Jesus. I was going to put it in for the Music Monday meme but it fits here and I can't wait!



7 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Colleen, your Christmas theme is lovely. Thank God you have those wonderful times in front of the Blessed Sacrament. It is such a blessing to be in the quiet with Our Lord.

Mary333 said...

The heading is beautiful, Colleen :) It must be wonderful spending time with Jesus in the middle of the night when it's so quiet and peaceful! I'm like you when it comes to certain songs. I tend to play the same ones over and over. God bless you, Colleen, and thanks for hosting Sabbath Moments!

Connie Arnold said...

Thanks for sharing about Sabbath moments, Colleen. Focusing on Jesus and resting in His presence, listening to inspiring music, what a blessing!

evanscove said...

Eucharistic adoration and wonderful worship music--how can you get more of a Sabbath moment than from those things?

Evan

Colleen said...

Gee I just realized I spelled Focus wrong! where did that e come from? lol

Barb, thank you. A true blessing.

Mary, thank you. Yes, I love the quiet in the middle of the night. Really peaceful.

Connie, thank yo. Yes, I FEEL blessed!

Evan, you are so right. It is a no-brainer there! Like I told Connie, I feel blessed.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Thank you for this song!
It seems we both enjoyed some Sabbath Moments in Adoration this week...thank you for this meme, where we are able to "knit" all of our Sabbath Moments together into a beautiful quilt of praise!

Colleen said...

Judy, I love how you put that - a beautiful quilt of praise indeed! God bless!