Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sabbath Moments - Roller Coaster Rides

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
Please Note - There will be no Sabbath moments post here for the next 2 weeks - December 25th & January 1st. HOWEVER...on January 8th I will be back here and I cannot wait to read about the Sabbath moments that you experienced throughout your celebration of Christmas.
Some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. Eucharistic Adoration - Such a gift. And here, a week before Christmas, all I could think about was Emmanuel, God-with-us.
2. I had an appointment with my dermatologist. I really didn't want to go. I didn't have any major problems. I didn't want to spend the money. I was too busy. The excuses went on and on. But I never got around to canceling the appointment, so I went.
When I left, I was thanking God for helping me to get there. I had 3 pre-cancer spots on my face that she froze and a suspicious mole on my back that she biopsied. I am sure it is fine. But what if I had waited? There is skin cancer in my family. I live in Florida. I mean really, what was I thinking when I wanted to cancel? Thank you, Lord.
3. Speaking of Florida. This week I posted about seeing a rainbow one day and ice on my windshield the next. Well, Friday we hit a high of 78. Talk about a roller coaster ride.
What was nice, however, was on Friday the ducks and pelicans and herons came back to the pond near our home. Our sky was busy with geese honking and flying to I-don't-know-where. It was nice seeing everyone coming out of "hibernation." God has such a sense of humor. I just love Him.
I wish you all a Blessed and Merry Christmas!

9 comments :

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Merry Christmas to you too, dear friend! I am so glad that you went to the Dermatologist!!! I look forward to meeting back here on the 8th! Enjoy all of your Sabbath Moments until then!

Mary333 said...

It's a good thing you didn't cancel your appointment, Colleen. I pray the biopsy comes out fine.

From ice to 78 degrees is crazy! We don't have snow yet but I think we may get some this weekend. Just in time for Christmas!

God bless you, Colleen! Thanks for hosting this meme!

Barb Schoeneberger` said...

I'll be back with you when you resume. We'll be out of town for a few days with family.

Your experience with the skin doctor shows that we must always do what we're supposed to do no matter what and God will take care of the rest.

I'd love to see the birds at your pond and photograph them.

Tracy said...

Sabbath Moments sounds exactly what I need, what a wonderful reminder.

Colleen said...

Judy, you too!! Merry Christmas!

Mary, thank you! Pray you get snow! Merry Christmas!

Barb, you are so right about that - doing what we are supposed to do. Have a safe trip and Merry Christmas!

Tracy, thanks for visiting! Sabbath moments does help us to remember to be more aware of God in all things. Merry Christmas!

Debra said...

Your going to your dermatologist...I think that could be called a Christmas miracle!

Merry Christmas Colleen and best wishes for a New Year!

Colleen said...

You're right. Thanks. Merry Christmas!

therese rita said...

I guess this sounds a little silly but my closest moments this week came when I remember the little story in this post about Fact, Faith & Feeling walking on a wall...I mean, it just immediately put things in correct perspective for me!

Colleen said...

I enjoyed your post. Is not silly at all! It helped put it all into perspective for me as well. Thanks for joining us here! Merry Christmas!