Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sabbath Moments - Waiting for Jesus

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
Some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. Went to penance service last night at our parish. After going up to a priest to confess my sins and receive absolution, I return to my seat and start to pray for others who are still waiting in line. It is peaceful and quiet in church as soft music plays in the background and people throughout the church are either in line or sitting in their pews praying or meditating. I pray the rosary and feel the peace.
2. I put up the creche in the living room. It is a small one and fits on a small trunk we have in the room. I realize that I usually put the shepherd in with Joseph and Mary but there is no baby Jesus yet so I put the animals in but leave the shepherd out along with the 3 Kings (my hubby calls them the "3 wise guys") LOL.
I light the candle in the Star holder. I say a prayer and I look at Mary and Joseph waiting. Like the rest of us. Waiting for Jesus to come.

7 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

I can just see you putting up your creche and lighting the candle. What a peaceful picture it is.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Surprise!!!! Once again, my dear friend, you and I have VERY similar Sabbath Moments!!!! Not only is it wonderful that we both experienced God's wonderful peace this week...but that we BOTH saw it and experienced it as a Sabbath Moment, is truly a blessing! I'm so glad to share in our beautiful faith and love of Christ with you Colleen!
Thank you for providing this special place for us to share our moments with God~!

Colleen said...

Barb, thank you! Yes, very peaceful. God bless!

Judy, I went right over to read your moments after reading your comment! Amazing! Thank you! God bless!

therese rita said...

My Moments this week have been inspired by this article because it has helped me look at my daily life from God's perspective:

http://www.zealforyourhouseconsumesme.com/2010/12/empathize-with-joy-of-father-by-fr.html

For example, the angst I experienced in trying to meet a deadline or meeting with an attorney was immediately mitigated when I took this Jesuit's advice and saw myself & my situation thru the Lord's eyes. Awesome.

Mary333 said...

Hi Colleen! The "three wise guys"? Funny!

I couldn't get my Sabbath Moments up in time this week but will rejoin you next week! I had four kids running around which means no computer time for Mary :) God bless you, Colleen!

Colleen said...

Therese Rita - enjoyed your article. Thanks for sharing and for joining me here!

Mary, I missed you but totally understand! 4 children huh?
Glad you liked the 3 wise guys! :)

Mary333 said...

I was babysitting:) You should have seen my place after - it was trashed! I didn't even have a chance to clean it until today because I worked and had a Christmas party to attend yesterday. But I'm not complaining ;)