Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - Books, Baking & Faith

Judy is a special blogging friend of mine and she hosts this great meme every Wednesday at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Why don't you join us? Thank you, Judy, for helping me to be more aware of my blessings!!
Some of my blessings this week:
1. Cold crisp mornings, airing out my home that has been closed up with air conditioning on for months! Feeling like fall and reminding me of New England. Wearing sweaters I have not seen for a year. Love it! Thank you Lord!
2. Baking for Christmas - not me! My hubby! So far he has made biscotti! Yum! He has a whole list! (My contribution will be fudge.) Not good for the waist line, but oh well...
3. My Catholic faith - Mass. The Eucharist. Adoration. Mary. All the rich traditions and the prayers and symbols. Thank you, Jesus!
4. My husband, my best friend, who makes me laugh and takes good care of me and works so hard at church and at home. He is the love of my life. Thank you, Jesus!
5. Books. What would my life be without books? Don't get me wrong. I love the nook and the e-books, but still, nothing compares with an "ordinary" book made of paper and ink and real pages to turn.
What are some of your blessings this week?

7 comments :

munchesmom said...

Lovely list! I can't wait to start baking w/ the munchkins. I have each of them pick a cookie & we make a batch together. Great for one-on-one time! Ditto to #5...although I haven't gotten into the e-readers yet. I agree about nothing comparing to holding a book in your hands. Blessings!

Colleen said...

I always made cookies with my boys too. What fun it was! I miss that. God bless!

Karinann said...

Colleen,
I agree about the books. I haven't been able to make the leap to a Nook or Kindle- there is just something about having a good old fashion book in your hands.
Hugs and Blessings!

Tracy said...

Such a fine list Colleen!! I'm just so thankful for faith, family and friends!! I'm Blessed!!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Once again, I find myself nodding in affirmation throughout your whole list!!! I chatted with our friend Nancy on the phone this week and she told me how COLD it is where you guys are!!!!
Rich's biscotti sounds heavenly!
I HOPE you dunk it in your coffee!!!!!
Thanks for joining me in lifting our grateful hearts to the Lord!

Colleen said...

Karinann, I know what you mean. I love my Nook. It is handy to have a lot of books under one cover!! And to be able to download them right away when you want a new book to read. But still I have to have SOME books. Hugs!

Colleen said...

Tracy, thanks for YOUR list! God bless!

Judy, Nancy wasn't kidding! Brrrrr. And yes, definitely dipping biscotti in coffee. Very HOT coffee these days.
God bless! Thanks for your meme!