Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - A First Christmas

Join Judy, a special blogging friend of mine who hosts this thankful meme every Wednesday at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. She has another blog and a beautiful website that you need to check out too!
In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Thank you, Judy, for reminding me every week to count my blessings!
Some of my blessings this week -
1. Christmas  - it was such a beautiful time with family.
2. Beautiful cold weather, helping us Floridians feel a little bit cold, reminding me a little of my childhood Christmases in New England.
3. Midnight Mass was so beautiful and peaceful and inspiring. I have been going to this Mass for years now and I am always so moved.
4. There is nothing like seeing Christmas through the eyes of a baby. Watching my grandson, pondering on how Mary must have looked at Jesus, how much she must have loved him even before he was born. And how he must have looked at her, loving her.
5. The joy of watching my grandson on his first Christmas.

9 comments :

munchesmom said...

Such a sweet video! It is just amazing to watch children at Christmas, no matter what their ages!

Happy New Year!

Colleen said...

munchesmom, I so agree! Happy New Year to you too!

Karinann said...

Colleen,
Thanks for sharing your grandson's first Christmas with us. Children at Christmas are a great reminder to us bigger kids to approach this holy season with wonder and awe.
Many blessings to you and your family in the new year.
Hugs!

Eileen said...

Awesome grandson! You must be so happy to see him. Thank you for sharing your joy at this holy time of year.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Oh THANK YOU for sharing your sweet grandson with us this Christmas!
WHAT A JOY!
Glad you are enjoying the brisk weather!

Colleen said...

Karinann, yes, you are so right! We need to try to keep that awe! Happy New Year! Hugs!

Eileen, thanks so much. Seeing him really helped to make my Christmas special. Happy new Year!

Judy, I am enjoying the brisk weather! But would you believe that it is supposed to be 79 degrees by Friday night? Weird! Happy New Year!

Jamey said...

Wonderful post....Happy New Year Colleen!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Treasure these moments with your grandson always. Kids are so precious.

Colleen said...

Jamey - thank you!!! Happy New Year to you too!

Barb, I know what you mean. I need to remember to treasure every moment. Such a blessing! Happy New Year!