Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - Pelicans and Family

Judy is a special blogging friend of mine and she hosts this great meme every Wednesday at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Why don't you join us? Thank you, Judy, for helping me to be more aware of my blessings!!
Some of my blessings this week:
1. This precious picture of hubby with our newest grandson -
Pop-Pop! You are so cool!
2. Time with family over holiday weekend. Youngest son and his wife down for Thanksgiving which meant we were all together!
3. Convertible weather! Drove home from work with car top down and it was beautiful. Gets dark earlier now so seemed weird but really pleasant. Cold front coming!
4. My blogging friends - thanks for support and friendship. I posted on my survivor's blog about feeling invisible and blogging friends commented quickly to comfort me. Pretty cool.
5. Nature - Beautiful sunsets and cool weather and pelicans! Gosh, I love them. Very funny looking and funny acting and just plain amusing. Watching them dive bomb into the water for their meal is pretty amazing. Evidently, the Lord loves to entertain us.

15 comments :

Anne said...

What I love about pelicans is that they are a symbol for Christ because they feed their young with their flesh. Very cool! I have never seen one in real life, would love to witness what you see!

I am praying for you, that you will feel less invisible.

A blessed Advent Colleen!

Colleen said...

Anne, I never thought about that! Makes me love them even more! You would love to see them! One of the hotels we stay at is right on the beach. If we are on a high floor, we can watch the pelicans fly right by our balcony!! We could almost reach out and touch them!
Thanks for your prayers!

Mary333 said...

Colleen,
I didn't know that about pelicans either. I have been to Florida twice and thought pelicans were cool looking birds but had no idea they fed their young with their own flesh!

I read your post on being invisible, Colleen. What came to mind is how many people cannot see Christ either. Even in biblical times there were many who refused to see Him for what he was. Those who ignore you don't understand what they are missing - for Christ shines very brightly in you, my friend, and you are far from invisible.

I'll join my prayers with Anne, Colleen. Hugs to you, my friend!

Colleen said...

Mary, thank you for your kind words about my feeling invisible. They will help me a lot! and thanks for your prayers too! Hugs and blessings!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

So glad to see Pop-pop feeling well and playing with your sweet grandson!
I love to enjoy Florida and its wildlife through your descriptions and stories! Thank you! I hope you will rest in the comfort of friends and their prayers...I am on my way over to read your other post now:)

Colleen said...

Judy, yes, "Pop-pop" is feeling much better. Still waiting for more tests. We are both nature lovers aren't we??
:)
And I am very comforted by all of you!

hip-chick said...

Having time with family is the best part of the holidays.

Jean Wise said...

well I have to jump in on the pelicans and also think they are so much fun to watch. I thought I was the only crazy one so glad to meet up with others who like them too.

Tracy said...

So many wonderful reasons to give thanks!! What a precious picture.

Colleen said...

hip chick - I so agree! Thanks for stopping by!

Jean, I am glad I am not the only one as well! Thanks!

Tracy! Glad to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE that picture. :)

kkollwitz said...

Speaking of pelicans, Louisiana has updated its flag:

http://catholicvote.org/discuss/index.php?p=11867

Colleen said...

kkollwitz, thank you for that link! I didn't know that! God bless!

evanscove said...

Animals can certainly provide a lot of entertainment. Maybe that's one reason God made them--to help keep us happy. :-)

And the new grandchild is cute as can be. I'm sure you and "Pop-pop" are pleased as punch.

Good list of things to be thankful for.

Evan

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Baby looks a lot like Pop Pop. And on the invisible thing, we are never invisible to God, but I'm afraid all too often He is invisible to us through our own fault. Glad you're here!

Colleen said...

Thanks, Evan! We are surely pleased as punch! (I love that phrase!)
I have often thought the same thing about animals. Another wonderful gift from God.

Barb, thank you so much. You are so kind and I always appreciate your comments!