Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thankful for Blessings - Signs of Hope

Judy is a special blogging friend of mine and she hosts this great meme every Wednesday at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. She has another blog and a beautiful website that you need to check out too!
In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Why don't you join us? Thank you, Judy, for helping me to be more aware of my blessings!!
Some of my blessings this week:
1. A rainbow - a rainbow is a sign of hope and so perfect for Advent! I saw it on my way to work on Monday (of all days)! Thank you, Lord, for such a beautiful gift!
2. Ice on my windshield. Tuesday morning. Really. In Florida. I cannot remember the last time I had ice on my windshield. Now mind you, it was not very thick. The defroster and the windshield wipers got rid of it. But my goodness, what a surprise! I loved it!
3. Music - I always love music but this time of year, I am so inspired and moved by all the beautiful Christmas music.
4. My family. My friends. My blogging buddies. My co-workers. I am grateful for the people God has put in my life to love.
5. Jesus. Thank you, Father, for loving us so much that you sent us your Son.

12 comments :

munchesmom said...

Lovely list! I love rainbows, too. A few years ago I saw the most beautiful double one & the second bow was almost as bright as the first. And yes, Christmas music is just wonderful. Our local Christian station starts the day after Thanksgiving & plays 24/7.

BTW - If you'd like more ice, you're more than welcome to what we have here in Ohio...LOL!

Colleen said...

munchesmom, I love your comment about the ice!! LOL. I am sure you think I am crazy. And I love double rainbows!! Thanks!

Mary333 said...

A rainbow one day and ice the next? Wow! You're having a mixed bag of weather down there!
We don't even have any snow yet up here yet. And yes, I want some :)
Wonderful list of blessings, Colleen!

Colleen said...

Mary, thank you! We often say here that if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute!! Need a white Christmas eh? God bless!

hip-chick said...

I love seeing rainbows also. We are in N.H. and have very little ice on the windshields so far. But, I know we will and I hope I will be as thankful for it as you are.

Eileen said...

Appreciating nature and beautiful music show me how little things can take on a Godly nature with you. This is a gift! Thank you for sharing.

Tracy said...

Great list Colleen, I agree.. a rainbow is such a sign of hope.. it seems like you will find them at times in the most unlikely moments in life.. feels like God is sending his own personal message to you.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

LOL!!! Only GOD could do 'ice' and a 'rainbow'!!! I LOVE IT!
This whole list made my heart smile Colleen...thanks so much!
I heard this song the other day that I'd never heard...and I'm dying to find it again for Shawntele's Music Monday...it sounded a bit dated...lots of male voices singing in harmony...they kept repeating "Oh highly favored lady"...it was all about the Annunciation...if you have ANY idea of what it might be or who sings it...please tell me so I can hear it again!!

Colleen said...

hip chick - I imagine you will see ice soon eh? Have a blessed Christmas and thanks for the visit!

Eileen, thank you for your kind words. I think I went through so much of my life not seeing my blessings that God is helping me make up for lost time!

Tracy, - amen! Such a blessing when that happens! We probably all have such stories about that!

Judy, thank you! Yes, God has quite a sense of humor. Ice and rainbows.
I commented on your blog about what that song might be!

carol@simple_catholic said...

This is a wonderful list.

Not sure I'd be thankful for ice on my windshield, though! LOL!

God bless you!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Something about sparkling ice and rainbows make me think it is a way God kisses us. He knows we need beauty and loves it when His work draws us to Him. Thanks for this post. I'm looking forward to ice and rainbows sometime this winter, although the rainbow will probably be in the light reflecting from the ice!

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you! We get ice so rarely it feels like a gift!! Most people here do not agree!

Barb, I agree. I read somewhere that God is beauty itself!