Sunday, January 2, 2011

Jesus is My Light

This post is supposed to be a reflection on the Epiphany. I was not sure where I was going with it, but never mind. I cannot write about it now.
My husband is in the hospital with GI bleeding. Second time with this problem in 2 months and they still do not know the cause. I do not mind telling you I am feeling afraid.
Right now I have my manger scene all set up, having just put the 3 "Wise Guys" there. I light my candle in my star shaped candle holder and I am just staring at the peaceful scene. 
Which brings me back to Epiphany and the star and Jesus being the Light of the World. I can use a little light right now.  
You are the Light of the world, Jesus. You are my light.

8 comments :

evanscove said...

Colleen,
I will keep you and your husband in prayer.

Yes, we all need the light of Christ, more at some times than at other times. And it's during times of difficulty that we learn to rely more on Him and the light He brings into our lives.

Although this isn't the most auspicious way to start a new year, may 2011 nonetheless be a blessed time for you and your family.

Evan

Karinann said...

Prayers Colleen. May Christ's light guide you and your family through this.
God bless and Hugs!

Colleen said...

Evan & Karinann, thank you for your prayers.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Hello, Colleen and Happy New Year. I will keep your husband in my prayers. And you, too.

It seems that God is always giving us an excuse to practice trust in Him. I know it's not easy for you. God bless you.

Colleen said...

Barb, thank you for your prayers. Happy New Year!

Jean Wise said...

Colleen, lifting you and your hubby up into God's light through lots of prayers. Please keep us posted when you can.

Debra said...

Colleen,

Sorry your hubby has been sick. It is so frustrating when they cannot find the cause. Will be keeping him in my prayers and for the Lord to give you strength during this time.

Colleen said...

Debra, thanks so much. I will be by to visit soon!