Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Silence & Solitude

Sabbath moments are the moments we rest in God, when we take time to just Be with God rather than Do. Sabbath moments are also those times when we live in the moment and find the holy in the ordinary. I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below. If you don't have a blog, please share about it in a comment!
Some of my sabbath moments this week:
1. Last weekend my husband and I went on retreat with the diaconate community. It was a beautiful peaceful time. Mass daily and liturgy of the hours twice a day and a holy hour and some silent time.
2. I so enjoyed the silent times when on retreat. Every evening this week I made an extra special effort to spend some time alone to just sit in silence and listen. I work 10 hour days so it is difficult to find that solitude and silence, but it is so needed and oh, so worth it to spend time with the Lord, just listening.
3. This week I had my Remicade infusion for RA and it was rather quiet there as well. I had a nice view out the window and I spent some of the time reading meditations.
Hope you all have a blessed week full of Sabbath moments with our Lord!!

6 comments :

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I feel comforted just reading about your quiet times with the Lord!
Thanks for sharing them with us!
I just LOVE retreats, don't you?

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Colleen, I don't know how you can work 10 hours a day with RA. With my fibro I'm lucky to get through an hour and a half workout in the warm water pool! God has blessed you that you are able to do so much good for others. I'd love to be able to get through a retreat someplace but I can hardly get through Mass. It's always a lesson to me that God has different jobs for each of us and that we are to bloom where we are planted!

Colleen said...

Barb, I have good days and bad. If I am having a flare of the RA, I can work at home. My pastor is my boss and he is kind and caring. Does the warm water pool help?

Colleen said...

Judy, yes! I love retreats! Want to go on a silent one though. SOON! Thanks for joining me every week!

therese rita said...

I think a Sabbath Moment for me is being able to put up a prolife post like this on Roe v. Wade Day & then admiring the Great Grace of God that it was written by my son:

http://www.zealforyourhouseconsumesme.com/2011/01/roe-v-wade-backgrounderartificial.html

Colleen said...

Therese - thank you!