Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - God's Graces

Join Judy, a special blogging friend of mine who hosts this thankful meme every Wednesday at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Thank you, Judy, for this great meme!
Some of my blessings this week -
1. My husband feels much better this week. He had some tests done and we are waiting for the results. I do not "do" waiting very well, but the Lord must be helping me as I am not biting off all my fingernails! Thank you, Lord.
2. Out of the blue - someone offered to take my middle-of-the-night hour of adoration last week so I could get some sleep. So I drove my hubby to his hour of adoration earlier in the evening and it was such a wonderful gift!
3. Cooler weather! It got warm again but cooled off and I just enjoy it so much. Of course, we don't get snow here but I guess I am thankful for that, too.
4. Candles. I lit candles almost every evening during Christmas season and I felt such peace and calm. I love candlelight all year round but Christmas is a special time.
5. Grace. God always gives us the graces to get through the tough times and to see our blessings and to remember to be thankful. A friend of mine says that pouring rain always reminds her of grace as she believes God is always raining graces down upon us. I think she is right. Thank you, Lord.

11 comments :

Eileen said...

Years ago I was teaching my children in the kitchen. I was reading them this bible verse: "Pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord." The raining suddenly poured down in torrents immediately after I read this!

munchesmom said...

Great list of thanks! I just LOVE your friend's view of rain...definitely something I am going to remember!

Praying that you & DH soon get the test results. Glad to hear he's feeling better!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for praying for me when I was not well.

God bless.

Karinann said...

Coleen,
Glad to hear your husband is feeling better and that your fingernails are still intact :)
I love candles as well-bayberry is my favorite winter scent.
I'd be happy to send some of our snow your way!
Hugs & Blessings!

Colleen said...

Eileen, I love that! Thank you@

munchesmom, thank you for your prayers!

Victor, hope you are feeling better!!

Karinann, saw the pretty pix of the snow at your blog! Thanks! Hugs!

StaceyJeannette said...

Love your list. So happy that your husband is feeling better!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Keeping Rich in prayer and hoping tests come out well. So glad to hear he's feeling better.

Pouring rain and grace...I like that:)

Nice to know we were burning our candles together!

Thank you for joining in this meme each week.

Colleen said...

StaceyJeannette, thank you! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Judy, thank you for your prayers! Many of us love candles I guess! Go figure!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

I didn't realize that your husband was sick, but I'm glad he is feeling better!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Love the point about rain. Cleansing grace, bountiful grace, a true gift of God.

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you!

Barb, I have never forgotten that image of grace.