Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - What is Normal?

Join Judy, a special blogging friend of mine who hosts this thankful meme every Wednesday at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Thank you, Judy, for this great meme!
Some of my blessings this week -
1. Thank you, Lord, for helping my husband improve and come home from the hospital. Our New Year's weekend was a rough one but he is home now. I am still so worried about him but I know you are with us, holding us and loving us.
2. Thank you, Lord, for my blogging buddies who are so supportive and have been praying for us. I have felt so out of touch since my focus has been on my hubby. I am a person who does not like a "normal" routine all the time, but I sure crave it right now!
3. Thank you, Lord, for helping me to be strong and sensible when car shopping last week. The lease was up on my beloved convertible and it would cost too much to buy it out. So I now have a "normal" type of car. Won't you miss me thanking the Lord for convertible weather? I will! But we are cutting corners these days and I am saving some money, praise the Lord.
4. Thank you, Lord, for family and for my children and stepchildren who have been supportive and caring during hubby's hospitalization.
5. Thank you, Lord, for this new year and for helping us grow closer to You.

11 comments :

munchesmom said...

I'm glad your DH was able to come home. I am continuing to keep both of you in my prayers. Your focus on your him is just what he needs right now, so don't worry about your readers...we'll still be here for you :)

Blessings & prayers!

Eileen said...

Blessings to your family and prayers for your hubby.

Wow, a convertible! How fun.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

::wipes tears of sorrow over the convertible::

I will SURELY miss those posts, Colleen...but I'm MOST certain you'll find something FUN to do in your "ordinary" car!

So glad Rich is home and I thank you for joining us this week when you're focused on family right now!

Colleen said...

munchesmom, thank you for being here. God bless.

Eileen, thanks so much.

Judy, I know. I am so sad. :(
I am glad he is home too. Today was first good day for him. Yay!

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I'm glad to hear your husband was able to come home. I hope they find out what is causing the bleeding. I'll be praying for you.
Blessings,
Marcia

Colleen said...

Marcia, thank you!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Lot's of things to rejoice in. I'm so glad your dh is home and I pray he will maintain good health.

So wise about the car! Giving up something that brings pleasure is difficult, but watch for God's blessings as you tool around in your new vehicle.

Colleen said...

Barb, oh thank you for your prayers and encouragement!

Tracy said...

Wonderful reasons to give thanks!!

evanscove said...

Sorry to hear you're having to give up the beloved convertible, but you seem to be maintaining a good attitude about it. (And while I'm sure they can be fun to drive, I don't think I'd feel very safe in one. If it got turned over in an accident...)

But I'm glad that your husband was able to come home. I remembered you in prayer at Eucharistic adoration today. May he be blessed with healing!

And as your post shows, there's always something to be thankful about! :-)

Have a wonderful weekend.

Evan

Colleen said...

Tracy, thank you! God bless!

Evan, thank you for your prayers at adoration! What a gift! God bless!