Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - February 2

I love Wednesdays because it is the day I can join my friend, Judy, in this thankful meme at her inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. In this meme we give thanks for the five things we are most thankful for this past week and then link to Judy's blog. Thank you, Judy, for helping me keep an attitude of gratitude!
Some of my blessings this week -
1. Our church has had a parish mission this week. What a blessing! The Lord has been giving me gifts through this retreat and I cannot wait to share them!
2. My husband is feeling the best he has felt in a long time! Woo hoo! Thank you to all who have prayed and supported and worried with me. And praise to my Lord!
3. I am experiencing an RA flare - symptoms get worse temporarily (we hope). On top of that, I have just been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome (my RA probably has a lot to do with it). I was waking up with pain in my left arm and wrist, so the doctor told me to wear a wrist splint at night. Wow, what a difference. I have been using it for the past 4 nights and have had no pain!!
4. For Christmas, a friend gave me a mason jar filled with little slips of paper. On each slip there is a "blog prompt"  - ideas to help get me started in writing if I am having writers' block of some kind. I have not used them yet, but I love the idea! Yesterday I was reading over some of them and there are some great writing prompts there!
5.The weather has been beautiful here, like an early spring. This time of year in Florida, our temperatures often go up one day and down the next. Like a yo-yo! But I am so grateful for each and every day!

12 comments :

Karinann said...

Colleen,
Thanks for sharing your blessings. Glad hubby is feeling better- prayers for your sufferings with RA.
I love the idea of the jar with the blog prompts- looking forward to your writings on those prompts :)
Hugs and Blessings!

munchesmom said...

I'm happy to hear your husband is feeling better. Prayers for you now w/ your RA & carpal tunnel. My DH has wrist splints that he's been using for years (tendonitis) & they've made a world of difference for him.

Love the blog post idea jar! I did something similar for the munchkins school, using a coffee can filled w/ journal ideas.

Colleen said...

Karinann, thank you! I will use those prompts, believe me! Hugs and God bless!

mnchesmom, glad to hear the splints work so well for your DH! Love your coffee can idea too! Thanks for your prayers!

Colleen said...

My word verification after commenting was - noodeas!! New ideas? Funny!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

So glad about your husband and hope your RA gets back under control fast. Love that blog post idea. It's always fun and inspiring to visit you.

Maria said...

Colleen, I'm so happy for you. Thanks for this reminder that we are more blessed that we can ever know. I love the "blog prompt" jar! I think I'll use it for a friend who wants to write but has had some difficulty getting the motivation.

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

I'm so grateful that your hubby is feeling better. Thank you for letting us know the state you live in and what the weather is like. Your fortunate that you do not have to go through with your RA in really cold weather like we have in Maryland. Although, it is better than it was a couple weeks ago. Oftentimes, the colder it is - the more my RA give me pain. Who are you hoping to win the superbowl - If your a football fan?

Colleen said...

Barb, thank you so much. I appreciate that!

Maria, great idea! I am glad to pass this blog prompt idea on!

Eileen, I have the same problem with the cold,, fortunately it is not cold here for long.
I am a Patriots fan so I am very disappointed this year. So I am just hoping for a close exciting game.

Daily Grace said...

I like the Christmas gift of the "blog prompts"! People are so clever!

Nice post Colleen...

Colleen said...

Daily Grace - thank you! God bless!

Mary333 said...

I'm glad your husband is feeling better, Colleen. Praying that your RA flareup subsides!

Colleen said...

Mary, thank you! Hugs!