Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thankful for Blessings- Always Nice to Come Home

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Thanks, Judy, for helping me keep an "attitude of gratitude!" :)
Some of my blessings this week:
1. I am so thankful for the retreat that I made last week. Time alone, time in silence, time with God. Thank you, Lord.
2. I am so thankful for the weekend with my sons and daughter-in-law! My grandson is growing up before my eyes! It was a good way to come back to the "world" after my retreat. Thank you, Lord.
3. I am so thankful for some of today's technology - someone gave me a GPS and I used it to drive to the retreat center. Directed me straight there without any stress! And also my nookbook came in handy on my retreat. Plenty to read and less to pack! Thank you, Lord.
4. I am so thankful for candles. I love to light scented candles in the evening. Vanilla and apple are my favorites - this week! Thank you, Lord.
5. I am so thankful for my home. Coming home after my week away was such a blessing. It is always nice to come home. Thank you, Lord!
What were some of your blessings this week?

Photobucket

9 comments :

munchesmom said...

Sounds like you had a great retreat. I haven't been on one in about 6 years, but loved the one I went on.

I, too, am thankful for candles, esp. as the weather is starting to get cooler. They're so peaceful & calming in the evenings, after a long day.

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

I am always so thankful for retreats or quiet times with God! And candles, especially when they are inexpensive, are great little guilty pleasures!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I light candles in my special prayer place, but also old fashioned oil lamps.

God bless.

mary333 said...

Vanilla and apple are my favorite candle scents too, Colleen (every week) :) I'm glad you got to spend the weekend with your little grandson, too! And, yes, home is best!

Colleen said...

munchesmom,I agree! the candles always seem to make everything calm.

Kristen, thanks for your comment. Quiet times are so needed!

Victor, candles are popular here! Thanks!

Mary, yes, home is best! And I agree about the candle scents, too. I try other ones and always come back to those!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I LOVE vanilla and apple candles too...and mulberry and black cherry and...well, I just love candles! LOL
So glad you had time to rest in God's presence AND to see your family upon your return home! I'm sure your heart simply bursts with JOY when you get to see your grandson!

I used a GPS once and it frightened me, ha ha...I kept saying, "How does she know where I AM???????" I did not like "her" talking to me while I was driving! LOL

Thanks for sharing your blessings:)

Jean Wise said...

There was such a strong sense of peace reading your post today. I imagine the scent of candles invites the spirit doesn't it? great list, Colleen

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Sounds like a peaceful week for you. What a wise choice to be able to spend time on retreat and with your grandson.

Colleen said...

Judy, I know what you mean about the GPS... lol ... I was getting annoyed with "her" myself. Yes, seeing my family was a great end to my retreat!

Jean, thank you! Glad you picked up on that. I do feel some peace after this time with the Lord.

Eileen, I originally thought I should just go home after retreat and kind of decompress. But being with my family and grandson was a better idea (my husband's)!