Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Sick and Tired

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
I have been sick for most of this week. My husband and I both caught a bad cold and we have been camped out in our living room, sitting in our favorite chairs, watching television, sleeping, coughing and blowing our noses and going through throat lozenges like crazy.
I have not felt like writing or reading. The only praying I have been able to do is to say "Help, me Lord!"
Being sick is no fun but it does slow us down and we get our rest whether we like it or not. I don't think God makes us sick, but I believe He reminds us through our times of illness that paying attention to our health and taking care of our bodies and getting plenty of rest is important.

Photobucket

9 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying that you get better soon.

God bless.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

So so sorry to hear that you are ill.
Prayers for your swift and full recovery...and for God's comfort while you rest at home:) Be well again soon!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Sorry you're not well, Colleen. I look on these times as enforced rest and an opportunity to offer up the misery for the salvation of souls. It's hard to be motivated to do anything when sick, but that's also the time when prayer becomes really simple. I hope you feel better soon.

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you. I am feeling a little better every day.

Judy, thanks for the prayers!

Barb, you are so right. Prayer becomes simple when we are ill. Thanks.

mary333 said...

Colleen,
I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. Colds may be no big deal for many people but I know that when a person has RA or other chronic illnesses colds can make a person feel like they have the worst case of the flu imaginable. It's like getting a double whammy. Is this what happens to you?

I hope you feel better soon and I will keep you in my prayers. God bless!

Colleen said...

Mary, oh, yes! You described it perfectly. I could hardly even move. Today I am venturing out of the house for the first time in days. Should be interesting. Thanks for your prayers!

mary333 said...

Ugh! I feel for you, Colleen. I used to dread colds more than anything. They compound all the body aches and stuff. On the brighter side...you are probably helping so many people spiritually. It's tough when you feel like you've been run over by a truck though...

Karinann said...

Colleen,
Hope you are feeling better soon~will double up the prayers for you :)
Hugs and blessings.

Colleen said...

Mary, you describe the feeling very well - that run over by a truck feeling. :)

Karinann, thank you so much! Hugs back!