Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Wind Chimes and Chant

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
1. We are having cool weather for the first time in months. We turned off our air conditioner and opened up the house. What a pleasant evening: a cool breeze, fresh air and the sound of musical wind chimes outside our window.
2. Prayed the Rosary of the Hours many times over the weekend for my husband who was on a Cursillo weekend. A different and beautiful way to pray the rosary, causing me to stop many times during the day, and meditate on one mystery for a while. This was my special intention that I mentioned last week. Thank you to all who prayed with me!
3. Watching the rain fall. So peaceful and a time to just "be."
4. Taking time first thing everyday to pray a Morning Offering. A great way to start the day.
5. Listening to Gregorian chant always helps me to stop and focus on the Lord.
What were some of your sabbath moments?
Photobucket

13 comments :

Jean Wise said...

The fall colors this week made me think and thank the Artist God!

Colleen said...

Oh I agree! God gives us such beautiful landscapes! Thanks, Jean.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

I bet your husband is going to come back from the Cursillo weekend all fired up. It's really great when spouses are working and traveling together towards God.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

OH, how I enjoyed your entire list of Sabbath Moments! Thank you for sharing them and for hosting us each week:)

Colleen @ ID said...

I am glad you are having Sabbath Moments, because I am just going to have to look for those next week. Started the day cooking for 5 kids, then soccer game, then 2 birthday parties, a hair appointment for daughters, and tonight, I have pick-up of three from jr. high bonfire. I am enjoying it, and I guess the 1/2 of trip without the kids is kind of a Sabbath Moment.

AJ Garcia said...

I've never heard of the Rosary of the hours, I look forward to trying it out. Prayers for your husband!

Colleen said...

Judy, I am glad you liked my list! Thanks for joining me in this meme every week! God bless!

Colleen, sounds like you need some sabbath rest! What a day!

AJ, thank you for the prayers. And I hope you find praying the Rosary of the Hours as meaningful as I did.

Colleen said...

Barb, I agree! It makes all the difference to be making this journey together.

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

It is so good to hear how others are lifted up in prayer.

Colleen said...

Eileen, I agree! Thanks for joining us!

Kathleen Basi said...

When I was first in college, studying music, I bought a tape of chant and used it at night to help me settle down to sleep...it was so soothing. Still love chant for that soul-quieting, although the multi-part Renaissance motets (Tallis, Palestrina etc.) and the more contemporary forms of music now have taken first place in my heart for sacred musical love.

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Reading your Sabbath Moments always lifts up my soul!

Thanks for sharing that link for the Rosary for the Hours. I've never heard of it before.

Colleen said...

Kathleen, I just recently discovered my love for chant. You are right - very soothing!

Carol, you are welcome! Hope you enjoy praying the rosary of the hours.