Monday, October 31, 2011

Stealing Jenny - A Book Review

I usually prefer to read nonfiction, but from time to time I enjoy a good suspense. Stealing Jenny, Ellen Gable’s latest novel, not only provided great suspense, but I literally could not put it down. It had me on the edge of my seat right up until the last page.
Jenny is almost ready to deliver her sixth child and has been kidnapped by a woman who desperately wants to have a baby. What the kidnapper does not know is that Jenny has had complications with this pregnancy and needs a C-Section to deliver the baby safely. If Jenny goes into labor before being rescued, she and her baby could die.
Besides the suspense, this is also an inspiring story about a Catholic family, trying their best to lead lives of faith. They are ordinary human beings with their own share of struggles, but they rely on each other and prayer and God to get through it all.
I highly recommend this book.

Photobucket

2 comments :

ellengable said...

Thanks so much for your review, Colleen! I really appreciate it!

Colleen said...

You are welcome Ellen!