Friday, October 28, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

I want to thank Mary, at The Beautiful Gate, and Ellen, at Plot Line and Sinker, for giving me this award!
One of the rules is to share 7 things about yourself and then pass the award along to 5 other bloggers. As usual, I break the rules a little and invite anyone who visits my blog to join in!
Here are seven things about me that you might not know:

1. I am undeniably an introvert. I love spending time in solitude and I do not do small talk very well. Social situations and crowds stress me out.
2. I am scared to death of mice. I am not sure why.
3. I used to be an RN. I quit my nursing job to work with my husband in his print shop and to be home more with my children. Those years were among the best of my life.
4. I was involved with the drama club in high school and later my hubby and I were involved with community theater. We then had two boys and I converted to the Catholic Church. We had to reprioritize our lives and we had no time for theater any more. I have no regrets about that but I have happy memories.
5. I quit smoking 14 years ago.
6. I had a great-grandfather who lived to be about 102 years old. I was able to get a 5-generation picture taken  - my great-grandfather, my grandmother, my father, me and my son.
7. I don't like costume parties. I loved it as a child but since becoming an adult, I do not like Halloween or any kind of costume party. I am not sure why. Maybe it is because I don't like drawing attention to myself.
Photobucket

5 comments :

mary333 said...

Thanks for sharing these things about yourself, Colleen. I'm an introvert too and I don't do small talk well either. Like you, I get stressed out in social situations :)

102? Wow! You've got some good longevity genes there!

I enjoyed reading this post, Colleen :) The only things that I knew out of all these things you shared is that you are an introvert (because of that link you sent me and you mentioned it a while back) and that you are a convert to Catholicism.

I think mice are cute! You would hate our hamsters because they are the little type that kind of look like mice :)

By the way, I don't like going to parties period, unless it's family. I have to force myself to go to social events! Lol! You and I would get along well! God bless!

Colleen said...

Mary, I do not like any kind of parties either. Only family and sometimes that is overwhelming with our large family. No, I don't like hamsters because they remind me of mice! My poor boys never had one. They did have birds and dogs though. And fish.

Colleen said...

Mary, I meant to add that yes, we would get along very well. We would understand each other and not have to explain ourselves. God bless!

ellengable said...

Thanks for sharing seven things about yourself, Colleen! I enjoyed getting to know you more! As for longevity, I have a great-uncle who lived to be 95, but my husband has three grandparents who lived to be over 90! As for mice, they're a fact of life for us because we live in the country...

Colleen said...

Ellen, a rather large field mouse once got into our living room through our patio door. I screamed and jumped up on my couch. Praise God, I had a dog then. He chased it back outside! Glad you liked my sharing!