Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thankful for Blessings-Blessed by Sons

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Thanks, Judy, for helping me keep an "attitude of gratitude!" :)
1. I am thankful that my oldest son has been given a promotion in his company. It is a wonderful opportunity for him and he is very excited. However, it means that he and his family will be moving 9-10 hours away from us (and taking my grandbaby with him!) We just need to adjust to this and arrange our vacations and long weekends accordingly. I am proud of him and happy for him. (and I have to admit, sad for me) 
2. I am thankful that my youngest son recently moved closer to us after living so far away from us for 3 years. What a God-incidence this is! God knew I would be sad to have BOTH of my sons so far away. Thank you, Lord! 
3. I am thankful for my husband, who took the news of our son moving away the same way I did, and is such a wonderful father. He has 4 children from a previous marriage and we have 2 sons. We have 16 grandchildren. Family get-togethers are always interesting, especially during the holidays. 
4. I am thankful for the cooler weather we had for a day or two. It got hot and humid again rather quickly. Florida. Go figure. 
5. I am thankful that I am Catholic, for many, many reasons. I was able to go to daily Mass yesterday and that is such a blessing. It is a great way to start my day and I carry that peace with me all day long. God is good!
Photobucket

11 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

That's a lot to be thankful for. I pray that your son does well in his promotion. To have work and be able to work is a really big blessing today.

Colleen said...

Barb, yes, he is blessed! and I am thankful. Thanks.

munchesmom said...

Oh My...one son coming & one going! That must be rough on you. How wonderful that he's received a promotion, though. Praying your adjustment goes well.

Colleen said...

munchesmom, I know! I thought I had my boys home and back together again! They are best friends so hard on them too. Thanks for your prayers!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

OH I hope your son is moving 9-10 hours NORTH...that will bring you closer to ME when you visit HIM and maybe we could meet in the middle somewhere, somehow, someday!

The love of you and Rich just fills my soul with JOY...such a special couple the two of you are!

Thank you for sharing your blessings with us:)

Colleen said...

Judy, yes! he is moving north! Would be great to meet in the middle someday! Thanks for the gratitude meme!

Susan said...

Our faith is such a blessing. On Sunday I went to a church I've been to before when visiting Hong Kong. (I'm now living near Guangzhou, there's a church, but not so friendly.) The mass was great, even though it was all in Cantonese, I felt connected. It's great to bond with Catholics all over the world and share faith. Afterwards, lovely, kind English speakers welcomed me.

Go to a mass in another language sometime - wherever you are.

Colleen said...

Susan, I know what you mean. I attended Mass in the Holy Land once and also Rome, both times Mass was being said in Italian. Really gives you the sense of the Universal Church. Thanks and God bless!

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

I think the Lord is blessing your family. It is good news to hear about both of your sons. Let me know when the visit with your son happens with Judy so I can attend. I'm not too far from Judy.

Jean Wise said...

Lots of family changes there, Colleen. Praying for blessing on the transitions. Hate to see you further apart from the grandson but what new adventures you might have visiting them and connecting with them.

Colleen said...

Eileen, oh that would be great to see you and Judy! What fun!

Jean, you are right. That is a good way to look at it. Thank you!