Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Thankful for Blessings- God is So Good!

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Thanks, Judy, for helping me keep an "attitude of gratitude!" :)
I am thankful for: 
1. We have had so much rain this week. More rain than I can remember in a long time. However, I made it safely home from work, driving through flooded streets and low visibility. And there is something comforting about sitting in my chair at home, listening to the rain falling outside my window. Very cozy.
2. The blogging world. My blogging friends. Some new friends I have "met" recently. Sharing our faith. Supporting each other. And giving thanks!
3. I had some quiet time to pray last weekend. Time to pray and read and write. A peaceful time to treasure.
4. There are a lot of devotionals to choose from these days, including some for the Nook and Kindle and cell phone apps. It really helps our prayer lives to have these books and other sources of prayer and reflection available to us in so many convenient ways. And I am enjoying them!
5. I am so grateful for my husband's diaconate vocation and his various ministries. Deacons are called to service and he serves in many ways. Last weekend he "worked" on a Cursillo weekend. He so enjoys it and blesses others with his presence and talks and ministry.
God is so good. How has He blessed your lives this week?
Photobucket

13 comments :

Jackie Parkes said...

lovely post..perhaps share on ACWB?

Barb, sfo said...

Just wanted to say thank you for yet another Santiago book recommendation! I'm on a roll here :)

Colleen said...

Jackie, thank you! I posted it!

Barb, you are welcome! :)
I think I am on a roll too!

munchesmom said...

Rain started last night as we were putting the munchkins to bed & it hasn't stopped since. It was so nice to fall asleep to its sound.

Ditto to #2!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Whew, glad you made it home safely in that downpour!
My sister recently visited my mother.
She (sister) is from a town near Houston...it was pouring at my mother's house and my sister joyfully laid awake half the night to listen because it was the first time she heard/saw/felt rain in a year!!!!
I often imagine the blessings that must come to you through Rich's Diaconate...praise God! BTW, have you shared Munchesmom's Dad's series on the Liturgical changes with Rich? He would enjoy it! Her Dad is a Deacon too and wrote a series on "what to expect" etc...

Anyway, thanks for sharing your "attitude of gratitude" with us!

Jean Wise said...

Great list. We too have had tons of rain and I have been grateful for safe driving in dark conditions. Also I agree with you about being thankful for my blogging friends. something I did post about just today. Thank you Lord, for Colleen!

Colleen said...

Judy, oh I cannot imagine not hearing rain for a year! We do go through a dry period during the winter but that bad. Good idea for me to share that series from Munchesmom's dad. Thank you!

Jean, you are so sweet! Thank you Lord for Jean, too! I am going to check out your blog post.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Great blessings. I love the way you find God's blessings in the "little" things of life. It's a good example for all of us.

Colleen said...

Barb, thank you so much. This meme helps me do that. And I try so hard to be thankful everyday as I think it helps to keep me "positive" about everything. An attitude of gratitude!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Thank you for the reminder to keep an attitude of gratitude. I needed that reminder today...

Colleen said...

Carol, you are welcome! Thanks for visiting! God bless!

evanscove said...

God bless your husband as he serves as a deacon! I'm sure he has plenty of wonderful ministry opportunities.

We may prefer sunny days, but when we have droughts, we find ourselves wishing for more clouds and less sunshine! Rain was in short supply for us this summer, so I agree that we must remember the blessing that adequate rain is, whatever our preferred weather would be.

It's said that cultivating an attitude of gratitude makes you a happier person. In fact, that's probably one area of my life I need to work on...

Evan

Colleen said...

Evan, yes, my husband keeps pretty busy. As for the attitude of gratitude, I have to work on it too, believe me.