Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thankful for Blessings- This and That

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Thanks, Judy, for helping me keep an "attitude of gratitude!" :)
Some of my blessings this week:
1. I have been immersed in quotes lately from various saints and mystics and famous Catholics. I just love their inspiring ways with words, touching hearts and helping us to "see" and "know" Jesus more clearly. Thank you, Lord.
2. My mother celebrated her birthday last week. I am thankful for her and for our relationship. She also celebrated her anniversary as a deaconess in her church. And she is the organist for her church, like her mother before her. I am so proud of her. Thank you, Lord.
3. My husband, who continues to spoil me every day, including making me brownies last week. I do not need the sweets but I love my "sweet" husband! Thank you, Lord.
4. My two sons - they have grown closer as they have grown older and it does a mother's heart good. It is an answer to my prayers. Thank you, Lord.
5. Cooler weather this week in Florida. Nice to have a cool breeze in the morning. This time of year we fluctuate between air conditioning and open windows. Always fun trying to figure out how each day is going to turn out. Thank you, Lord.
What are some of your blessings this week?
Photobucket

10 comments :

munchesmom said...

And you have sent out some wonderful quotes for "Colleen's Catholic Corner." I love reading them each week.

Congrats to your mom on both her birthday & anniversary! She sounds like a wonderful woman!

Jean Wise said...

What a blessing in family you have. To still have your mom is wonderful. Hug her and tell her happy birthday from over the internet

Colleen said...

munchesmom, thank you! Glad you like my "Corner"!!

Jean, I will tell her that!! Thanks!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

The way you worded #3 is adorable:)
So glad that you are enjoying a bit of cool weather:)

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

OH! And a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your mother!!!!

Colleen said...

Judy, glad you liked my "Sweet" description! And thanks for the birthday greetings which I will pass on! I am so glad you host this meme! God bless!

mary333 said...

He makes brownies too?!! Now I really am envious! I'm a chocoholic:)

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Colleen said...

Mary, yes he does!! And the best chocolate chip cookies!! Thanks for the birthday wishes for my mom!!

Colleen @ ID said...

It is something how touching it is when your children get along, isn't it? My younger two, 6 and 9 can play together for hours and hours. My older two, 15 and 12 would not be able to do that, but every once in a while I see them really enjoy each others company, laughing that goes on and on, and it just makes me so happy.

Colleen said...

Colleen, I know what you mean!! Yes, I feel so happy when I see my boys so close now. They are best friends. I just love it.