Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Moments to Just Be

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
1. Sabbath moments are those moments that we take to just "be" rather than do.
One evening this week, I was just too tired to do much of anything. So I sat in my favorite chair, pulled a throw blanket up to my chin, watched some TV with my hubby and fell asleep in my chair.
I resisted that inner voice that kept telling me I was not being productive and I was just being lazy and I was getting nothing done.
Actually I was getting something done. I was taking time to just BE.
2. Friday was Remicade day - the medicine infusion that is supposed to help my RA. I have been having a flare lately (increase in symptoms) and the Remicade was increased. It will take a few days to know if it helped me more.
Anyway, receiving the med is always a sabbath moment for me. It forces me to just BE and it is relaxing really, after I get stuck with that needle, that is. I read and I pray and I watch a tv show on my iphone and I just chill.
3. I was driving home from work one evening and the full moon was just gorgeous. It was sitting a bit low in the sky and as I drove over the bridge, it looked like I was driving straight for the moon!
It was eerie and cool all at the same time! I wish I had a picture!
Thank you, Lord, for that beautiful moment!
What were some of your sabbath moments this week?

7 comments :

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

It seems that the Lord has been delighting us BOTH with the moon this week! I just love #1 here...I am so glad you shared this...it is a good reminder for me:)
I pray for your comfort and relief in the pain you endure from RA.
It is beautiful how you take that Cross and turn it into blessing.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

I hope your RA gets calmed down with the treatments. Those times God enforces just being are such great blessings. I'm glad you shut off the nagging voice. We can always be doing more, but what is God's will for us at that moment?

God bless you and keep up those great descriptions of the moon, rainbows, and sunsets. I really enjoy them.

Colleen said...

Judy, I have to run over and read your post! Glad I could remind you about just BEing. And thanks for your prayers.

Barb, I should know in a day or 2 about my RA's response to the treatment. I am so glad you like my nature posts!

mary333 said...

Hi Colleen,
Great list! I hope the higher dose of Remicade does the trick. Rest and relaxation are important parts of our lives. If I listened to that inner voice I'd never get to sit down :) I hate the "do more" mentality of our society. It can draw us away from listening to God and doing His will.

I liked your description, "It looked like I was driving straight for the moon!" :)

Colleen said...

Mary, thank you! rest is so important, isnt it? Glad you liked my description!

Kathleen Basi said...

The full moon this morning was pale and huge in the sky as we were headed to church. It was the 2 1/2 year-old who spotted it first, but we all enjoyed it.

Joining those who hope the RA settles.

Colleen said...

Kathleen, that moon was gorgeous! As for the RA, I am hoping the same thing! Should be better soon if the increase in my med works!