Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Taking Time to Listen

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
1. Listening to my wind chimes as I write this. It gives me pause and always sounds so peaceful and pretty.
2. This week my RA giving me trouble so I am "forced" to sleep more and rest. I see this as an opportunity for sabbath rest.
3. Listened to a CD by Scott Hahn talking about the Mass, describing and explaining each part of the Mass. So very moving and inspiring.
4. Had lunch with a friend and we shared our thoughts and feelings about God and prayer.
Photobucket

5 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Wind chimes make me think of angels. I don't know why. I'm sure they are stirring about us all the time - especially our guardian angels.

Sorry to hear about your RA difficulties. But maybe I should rejoice because it allows you more "God-time" like my fibromyalgia does for me. The older I get the more I see that every evil thing like sickness is an opportunity to grow in grace and contribute to the salvation of souls.

mary333 said...

I'm sorry that the RA is giving you trouble, Colleen. You have a wonderful outlook on things in spite of the pain :) Do you still get the Remicade infusions?

I love Scott Hahn! He's so full of zeal that it's catchy!

I hope you feel better soon. This is why I didn't like getting colds when I was ill, they aggravate chronic illnesses a lot and I feel for you. I know how hard it is to force your body to do things when it doesn't want to cooperate and I am praying for you.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I LOOOOVE wind chimes!!! Unfortunately...it's difficult to keep them up at our house for the woods create a LOT of wind and we've lost more than a couple sets of them as they are blown right off their hooks! LOL I have been meaning to tell you that I learned about an "oil" recently called "Melaleuca Oil" that people with RA are having MUCH success with. Just thought I'd mention it in case you'd like to research it further:)

mary333 said...

Hi Colleen! There's a blogging award for you over at my site. I know you're not feeling well so don't worry about passing it on if you are not up to it...I just wanted to show my appreciation for all that you do for the Lord :) God bless!

Colleen said...

Barb, I will remember that about chimes and angels!! You are right about the God-time. I am getting more these past 2 weeks between my bad cold and the RA. Thanks for the reminder.

Mary, yes, I am getting the Remicade. They are going to increase the dosage. I am due for the infusion next week! I cannot wait til I see if it helps!
Thanks for your prayers. Yes, my cold probably just made things worse.
Thanks for the award! I will be by to check it out!

Judy, oh I never thought about that - all that wind in the woods! I will check on that oil. Thank you!