Monday, November 7, 2011

Thank You All

God is good.
I posted a gospel reflection yesterday called Stay Awake. It was my 1000th post on this blog. Hard to believe that I have written that many! I have been blogging for three years!
I just want to take this opportunity to give thanks to God for this experience and for the blogging friends I have come to know as we share our love of God through our love of writing.
I began blogging because I was told it was a good way to help promote my book, The Third Floor Window and to share my story of being an incest survivor. Little did I know that this blog would bless me in ways that have nothing to do with that book.
I have become part of a community that I didn't even know existed. I have learned so much about God and Church and community. I have learned about writing and sharing and a new way of evangelizing; something that has even been encouraged by our Holy Father!
My purpose in writing this blog quickly changed. I created another blog that deals with being an incest survivor, called Surviving by Grace, and it is there where I have a community of support from other survivors.
I kept this one as my Catholic blog, dealing with spirituality and prayer and my relationship with God. (Sometimes the subjects overlap, of course. I am both an incest survivor and a Catholic, after all, and we can't separate ourselves in neat little compartments!)
Anyway, this blogging thing has turned into a healing and an encouraging, happy journey for me. Thank you to all who visit and comment and have become my friends. 
You have blessed me with your blogs and your sharing and your support and your prayers and your friendship.
My spiritual director used to always say that God can be subversive. He gets us to do what he wants us to do by tricking us into it! I think He led me into this blogging world under false pretenses!
You duped me, Oh Lord, and I let myself be duped! - Jer 20:7
Only kidding, Lord. 
Thank you.
Photobucket

10 comments :

Colleen @ ID said...

Thank you, Colleen. You are wonderful work of God. Your love for God, your faith, and your witness are awe inspiring. Glad you are going to keep writing, because I am going to keep reading.

Jade said...

I have been blessed to have found your blog. :) Your blog posts are always so insightful and faithful. I'm with Colleen @ID-- will keep reading! God bless you. :)

mary333 said...

Congratulations, Colleen! God has blessed us through your writing even if He had to dupe you first :) Lol! I loved your remark about being duped!

Colleen said...

Colleen, thank you for your kind words! God bless!

Jade, thank you to much! God bless!

Mary, that verse from Jeremiah always cracks me up! Because it is so true!! I use it in my witness talk about the abuse and how God got me to talk about my childhood etc and write about it, too - he duped me!
God is sooo good!
God bless!

Jean Wise said...

My entrance into blogger was the same way. I never expected so many blessings to come from this form of writing. love that verse by the way!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Colleen, I love your blog and am so thankful that you write it. Yes, God is very tricky in the good way of setting things up to have consequences we don't anticipate.

Colleen said...

Jean, I never expected so many blessings either!

Barb, thank you so much!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Congratulation on 3 years of blogging. I appreciate your posts so much. No matter how God got you to start blogging, I for one am glad he did!

Blessings.

ellengable said...

Congratulations, Colleen! I also feel blessed to have found a wonderful community of Catholic bloggers. 20 years ago, I would never have had the opportunity to have met you and so many others. God bless you!

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you! I appreciate it!

Ellen, it is definitely a blessing. Thank you!