Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful for Blessings- Birthdays and Chocolate

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Also check out her website and her newly published book! Thanks for this meme, Judy!
1. I am thankful for my hubby. We are celebrating his birthday this week! He is the sunshine of my life and I drive him crazy singing that song all the time! :)
2. I am thankful that my youngest son came to town for his dad's birthday. We brought him out to dinner to his favorite restaurant and just enjoyed each other's company. And laughed a lot.
3. Chocolate. I love chocolate. What else is there to say?
4. Cooler weather. We turned off the air conditioner for a few days. However it is back on today. It is that time of year when we say, "If you don't like the weather, then just wait a minute!"
5. I am thankful that my older son called us and filled us in on his new job and how well he and his family are adjusting to their new home and neighborhood. I still miss them but I am less worried!
Photobucket

15 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes to your husband on his birthday.

God bless.

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Glad to hear your son is adjusting now. I know it is hard to let them go. We will continue to pray for him.

Tell hubby Happy Birthday!

I don't think here in Maryland we'll be turning our air condition on anytime soon. It is rainy today but yesterday was gorgeous. We opened up doors and windows early in the day. Had to close them up in the evening.

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

Right there with you on the chocolate! And happy birthday to your husband.

Colleen @ ID said...

What a nice happy post! I should start doing this Meme! I am not keeping up with the daily B-A-K-E-R examen that starts with thanking God for Blessings. I think I batch 2-7 days together. At least if I was doing this Meme I might collect my gratitude thoughts each mid-week!

munchesmom said...

I had to laugh at #4...at first I was wondering why on earth you'd have the air on in November, then I remembered that you're in FL. We say the same comment about weather here in Ohio...but not just now, we say it year round.

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you! God bless you too.

Eileen, your weather sounds great! I am looking forward to some of that!

Kristen, thank you!

Colleen, this meme helps me to be mindful of all my blessings! Love to see you join us!

munchesmom, I am so used to having air conditioner on most of the year, that I didn't think of how weird that sounded!!lol
My youngest just moved back from Ohio. He loved the cold!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Happy Birthday to Rich! And, I can just picture you singing that song to him:) So sweet, the two of you are:) Glad to hear your son and his family are adjusting well in their new surroundings!

Colleen said...

Judy, thank you for this meme! God bless!

mary333 said...

Hi Colleen,
I'm glad your son and his family are adjusting well to their new home. That's good news!

Love chocolate!! Yummy!!

Happy Birthday to Rich! I bet he loves your song :)

Lol about the weather! I hope you're feeling better!

Daily Grace said...

Thank you for sharing your many blessings with us.

I love chocolate too, especially dark chocolate with caramel!

Colleen said...

Mary, he pretends he doesn't like the song, but he does! lol
I am feeling a little better. Lets hope it continues! Thank you!

Daily Grace, yum! dark chocolate and caramel sounds great. oh-oh!
:)
Thanks

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Happy birthday to your husband! I wish I could say I was thankful for the cold weather, but amen to the chocolate. :)

RAnn said...

Chocolate is always good!

Colleen said...

RAnn - Absolutely!!
:)

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you for the happy birthday wishes!
Chocolate is very popular!
:)