Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankful for Blessings- Books, Birds & Rainbows

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Also check out her website and her newly published book! Congratulations, Judy!
1. I am thankful that my husband and I are recovering from the bad colds we had last week.
2. I am thankful for the rainbow I saw yesterday on the way to work It was very faint but beautiful nonetheless.
3. I am thankful for all the birds coming south for the winter. There were some beautiful white ones at a nearby pond. I didn't know what kind of birds they were but they were pretty and fun to watch.
4. I am thankful for books. They teach and inspire and entertain.
5. I am thankful for my son who is on his way to his new home as I write this. I pray that he and his family have a safe trip and that they will feel at home soon in their new neighborhood and he will be happy in his new job. 

Photobucket

12 comments :

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

So much beauty in nature to be thankful for. Glad to hear you and your husband are on the mend. I got over my cold just in time to get a stomach virus! I pray you are spared that fate. And congrats to your son and his family. Change is big and scary sometimes, prayers for them that it is also wonderful!

munchesmom said...

Must be the season for colds...they've been going through our family for the past couple of weeks.

I just love rainbows & we've seen so many this year...more than usual.

Colleen said...

Kristen, sorry to hear you have been sick, too. Yes, change is big. I do not handle it well but I am proud of my son and happy for him. And he is excited!

munchesmom, I do not get colds often but this one was a bad one! I have seen more rainbows this year too!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes. Have a grand day.

God bless.

Jean Wise said...

so glad you are feeling better. I do love books and find their words nourish my soul. Great list.

mary333 said...

I'm glad you're both feeling better, Colleen. I am thankful for books...birds too - so don't forget to send them back later, okay? Lol!

May God bless your son as he moves into his new home and starts his new job. I know it will be hard having your grandson further away and I hope you'll still get to see him regularly. What a cutie he is!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

So glad you are feeling better...and your husband,too!
Take good care of our birds this winter! Thanks:)
Prayers for your son and his family in their new home and job!

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you!

Jean, yes, books nourish me as well. What blessings!

Mary, I too hope we will see them often. I am praying for that! And yes, we will send the birds back to you. Never fear!

Judy, thank you for the prayers!

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Books are awesome (I wish I could read faster). We will pray for your son who is moving to a new location! (Sorry I'm a little tardy at this.)

Colleen said...

Eileen, I wish I could read faster too! Thanks for your prayers!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Wonderful things to be grateful for! I'm glad you and your hubby are feeling better. :)

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you! God bless!