Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thankful for Blessings- Growing Old Together

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Also check out her website and her newly published book! Thanks for this meme, Judy!
1. I so appreciate the use of computers at work. When I first started my job as parish secretary (over 19 years ago!), I was using a typewriter! Gosh, I am feeling old!
2. I appreciate email, too. At work and at home. I am better able to stay in touch with people. My best friend of over 50 years, for example (oh-oh - I am feeling old again!) We used to write letters but did not keep up with them very well. 
3. I am grateful for my parish. We are 21 years old this year. September 1st, to be exact. I remember our very first Mass. What a joy! I love our parish family and feel grateful everyday!
4. I am thankful for my husband. I am grateful that we get to grow old together. It is amazing how our relationship grows and deepens each year. It is all the little things that seem to matter the most. Like how he makes me laugh.
5. I am thankful for my faith and for all that God has done for me and for His everlasting love.
What are some of your blessings this week?

8 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

If I sat down and wrote all the things I am (and should be) thankful for I'd need another lifetime to complete my list.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Victor, me, too! Amen to that! God bless you too!

Jean Wise said...

One blessing I am grateful for this week is music. How it uplifts my spirit and makes me feel alive. How it helps to praise God and draw closer to him

Rayanne said...

So glad you stopped by and left such a kind comment.
Your post reminded me of this verse:

"In everything give thanks ; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thess.5:18
In everything...wow, love this verse.
Good to know you , much love,
Rayanne

munchesmom said...

What wonderful blessings for you this week! I could have written almost the same things.

Colleen said...

Jean, oh yes, I agree. I love Praise & Worship music! I agree it is so uplifting! Fills me with joy! Thanks for adding your blessings!

Rayanne, I love that verse too. Thanks for sharing it and for visiting me!

munchesmom, thank you! We are blessed, arent we? And this meme helps us remember that! God bless!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

LOL...I'm with you Colleen...I started on a typewriter too!

So glad that you are able to use the new technology to aid you in your work AND to keep you connected to friends and family!

Thanks so much for offering a link to my book! I appreciate that:)

Colleen said...

Judy, you are welcome for the link! Yes, new technology is so helpful. And I do not miss the typewriter!