Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful for Blessings - Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you to my blogging friend, Judy, who has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. Usually we make a list of 5 things for which we are thankful. However, this week we celebrate Thanksgiving, so I depart from that usual format.

For those of us who participate in this meme each week, giving thanks is something we try to do on a regular basis. This meme really helps us to be more aware of the blessings in our lives, even during some hard times.
Being grateful seems to change my attitude about things, about life in general. I complain less and I strive to find the gift in all things and all people and all situations. For this I am so grateful.
I found some Thanksgiving prayers, but here is a simple one of my own that I offer to you.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Loving Father,
Thank you for your unconditional love, your mercy and compassion.
Thank you for my family and friends and the love I have come to know through them.
Thank you for the gift of life and for all your creation.
Thank you for my job and the food on my table.
Thank you for my faith and for the Church and for the Eucharist.
Help those who have been away from You to find their way home again.
Father, I praise you and I give you thanks. 
Through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.
Photobucket

9 comments :

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Colleen. I united my prayers to your beautiful prayer.

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

Happy Thanksgiving Colleen! That is such a beautiful prayer!

munchesmom said...

What a beautiful prayer, Colleen! It's one that can be prayed anytime, not just for Thanksgiving! Thank you for sharing it & have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Karinann said...

Colleen,
I will join you in giving thanks for these and for so much more this Thanksgiving Day.
A happy and blessed Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes on my blog earlier.
Hugs & blessings!

Gardenia said...

Hi, I'm here from Judy's. A beautiful prayer of thanksfulness. happy thanksgiving.

mary333 said...

A beautiful prayer, Colleen! I hope your Thanksgiving is awesome!

Colleen said...

Thank you all for your comments! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

God bless!

Anne said...

Your prayer is beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving Colleen!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Such a lovely prayer. Thanks for sharing and for always helping us to aspire to JOY and HOPE in the Lord!