Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thankful for Blessings- Lights for Our Journey

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Also check out her website and her newly published book! Thanks for this meme, Judy!

1. I am thankful for the Thanksgiving holiday and the extra time with family.
2. I am thankful for Advent and all the devotions and spiritual help available to help us make this advent journey and grow closer to Jesus.
3. I am thankful for the GPS that someone gave to me a couple of months ago. It really helped hubby and me when we were away for Thanksgiving. An accident on the interstate (after dark!) forced us off the highway into a city neighborhood we did not know! We had no idea where we were. It was a little scary but the GPS directed us through unknown territory and back to our hotel and we were so relieved and grateful!
4. I am thankful for beautiful Christian music that just lifts me up and brings joy to my heart!
5. I am thankful for my husband who surprised me yesterday with some Christmas lights he had bought and put up on our little porch. By the time I get home from work, it is dark and they are a welcome sight!
What were some of your blessings this week?
Be sure to check out my advent pages on my website.
Photobucket

15 comments :

munchesmom said...

Our rental car in San Diego this summer had a GPS & it really came in handy...well, except for that one time we went out & "she" was a little off. All her directions that time were just a few seconds too late & we had to turn around or "recalculate" numerous times.

Have a blessed Advent!

Colleen said...

munchesmom, that happened to me once too! and that "recalculating" thing gets either annoying or funny! Happy advent to you too!

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

GPS...either one of man's greatest inventions or biggest blunders. But happy it worked for you when you needed it! And something about Christmas lights...a Blessed Advent to you and yours!

Daily Grace said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I had to smile when you said you were thankful for your GPS; I don't know how I ever got around without mine!

Thank you for sharing these wonderful blessings.

God be with you....

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Ah ... the dilemma ... what do I do when the GPS lady tells me to go one way and the person next to me with the map book tells me to go another?

God bless.

mary333 said...

We don't have a GPS but there are times I wish we did - especially when we travel in or through Boston. It's crazy because there are so many one-way streets!

I enjoyed reading your Advent Journal, Colleen. I want to simplify too :) Your "Bah Humbugs" made me laugh!

Colleen, do you know if Jade stopped blogging? I tried to visit her site a few times this week but her blog was shut down or something. I thought you might know?

Colleen said...

Kristen, I know what you mean!! But yes, it really got us out of a tough situation. God bless!

Daily Grace, I am glad I have one now! God bless!

Victor - LOL. Hubby had a map with him just in case!!

Mary - Oh, I have never liked driving in Boston. Always scares me. especially when I am leaving airport.
Glad you liked my journal. :)
I went to check Jade's blog and you are right, it is shut down. I don't know why. Hope all is OK.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I wish I could learn to love GPS...that little voice talking to me while I drive scares me! HA HA
What a WONDERFUL surprise to come home to twinkly lights! HOW SWEET!
Thanks for sharing your blessings with us:)

Colleen said...

Judy, the "voice" makes me laugh because of some of the bad pronunciations with that electronic voice...lol
God bless!

OrdainedPraise said...

Glad to hear the GPS worked and got you to where you wanted to go safely. It would probably just confuse me more. Don't know - never tried one. It would be nice though if I ever have to drive into WDC. It is crazy there - like Boston.

Colleen said...

Eileen, I was afraid of being confused too, but it is pretty easy. Put in the address and the GPS lady starts giving directions. Surprised me how easy it was! Thanks for your visit! God bless!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

I'm thankful for you, Colleen! Your posts each week never fail to warm my heart and lift my spirit!

(P.S. Love your Advent header. :) )

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you for your kind words! And I am glad you like my header too! God bless!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Christmas lights are my favorite thing outdoors in this season. Inside, the smell of baking cookies and mulled cider.

Colleen said...

Barb, baking cookies! Yes!! A great smell at Christmas (and all year).
:)