Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Moments of Beauty

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
1. Eucharistic Adoration is always so peaceful and restful. I feel blessed just being there with the Lord. If you go to Adoration, you know what I mean. Words are not enough.
2. I love candles all year round but I really "go to town" during advent and Christmas seasons. The flickering light is beautiful, the fragrance is beautiful, the sense of peace is beautiful. It is a beauty that goes to the heart. And it is so restful. John Keats wrote - "Beauty is truth and truth beauty." 
And we know who Truth is.
And didn't he also write - "A thing of beauty is a joy forever."
3. Reading and praying with my advent devotionals has been enjoyable and inspiring. I have been doing lectio divina with the daily scriptures as well. What a peaceful time with the Lord.
Photobucket

9 comments :

mary333 said...

Love your Sabbath Moments, Colleen! I'm right with you on the candle thing. There's something so peaceful about candlelight(One word or two? I can't remember the simplest things these days!) I have so many different fragrances that I enjoy but I am partial to fruit smells like cranberry or apple :)

God bless!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Truth/beauty rings my bells every time.

Colleen said...

Mary, I love the fruit smells too. I do not like flowery or perfumey (not a word?) kind of smells.

Barb, Amen!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Such beautiful moments;and, ironically, the second time in a week that John Keats and his writings have been shared with me!
I mistakenly posted SM last week while you were on vacation...in that post, I shared a lovely photo of a sunrise that my daughter had taken...if anyone would like to see it...they can scroll back to last Saturday's Sabbath Moment post on my blog...it's very beautiful:)
Thanks, Colleen...for making us more mindful of HIS PRESENCE in our daily lives through this meme.

Colleen said...

Judy, I was commenting on your blog while you were commenting here!
I love that picture on your blog! Talk about beauty!
Thanks Judy!

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

I bought some spice candles and also some vanilla and cinnamon ones. Even unlit, they smell wonderful. They will fill the air with 'Christmas'.

I love your blog Advent look!

Colleen said...

Sue, vanilla is another one of my favorites! Those scents you bought do remind me of Christmas. God bless! Thanks for your comment! Glad you like my new blog look!

Colleen @ ID said...

My sabbath moment was finding a couple minutes to read some others' Sabbath Moments. Also had wonderful sermon at Divine Liturgy this morning on gratitude, and was absolutely filled with gratitude that our Pastor used 7 quotes from the Epistles on thanksgiving in addition to the Gospel which for us was the 10 Lepers being healed and only the 1 Samaritan returning to fall at the feet of Jesus and give glory and thanksgiving to God.

Colleen said...

Colleen, oh I can imagine that sermon was very uplifting. So many ways to give thanks!
Thank you for your comment!