Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Peace and Quiet

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.

1. One evening, I was home alone, sitting in my favorite chair. Windows were open and I felt a refreshing cool breeze. Candles were lit and Christmas music playing, and I sat in silence, listening. I felt so at peace.
2. Missed an advent Taize service that we wanted to go to. So I listen to one on my ipod. I love the music.
3. Our satellite dish went out on one of my days off. No internet. No TV. I had nothing else to do but sit and read and write and pray in silence. Sigh. Don’t tell my hubby, but I wish the satellite would go out more often! :)
4. Eucharistic Adoration. I don't think I need to say any more than that.
One more week of Advent! God bless!

Photobucket

5 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

It's amazing how quiet things can get when the satellite or electricity goes out, isn't it? I had to smile at your list because it looks to me like God is saying, "Stop!" and re-focus. Even though we are pursuing holy things, He has his own ideas of how He wants us to pursue Him and so intervenes to get what He wants.

I am also thinking that we, without noticing it, allow ourselves to become over-stimulated through our various communication devices. That stresses the body in ways we don't imagine, so God, being jealous as He is, puts a stop to it from time to time so we can relax in Him. Every now and then the electricity goes out where we live. The quiet inside and outside is blissful.

Just Be Real said...

Colleen, thank you for sharing those moments. Blessings.

Colleen said...

Barb, thank you! I love what you wrote here about how God slows us down. I am so grateful that he does that!

JBR, thank you! Love hearing from you. God bless you too!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Thank you so much for inviting us here each week to relax and enjoy the stories about "resting in God's presence". I love this meme.
Your day "unplugged" sounds heavenly:) And, I had to chuckle to imagine a "breeze coming through an open window" at Christmas time! Actually, if my "polar bear" hubby had his way...we'd probably still have screens in the windows, too!

Colleen said...

Judy, sounds like your hubby loves the cold? Mine used to but now he is glad he is in Florida! I keep praying for colder weather! God bless!

For all who read and/or comment here, we will skip this meme next week because it is Christmas Eve!