Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thankful for Blessings- Advent Blessings

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. Cultivate an attitude of gratitude! Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Also check out her website and her newly published book! Thanks for this meme, Judy!
I am grateful for -
1. Advent - what a beautiful blessed time of year. A time to give, a time to prepare for the Lord, a time to pray and focus on Jesus.
2. My job - I often take it for granted but I am really blessed to have this job of parish secretary. Just please, do not ask me when midnight Mass is!?! (lol)
3. My hubby - who is working very hard, getting ready for Christmas, baking, shopping, writing homilies, and spoiling me.
4. St. Elizabeth  - she is the patron saint chosen by Karinann for my blog this year. When I think of St. Elizabeth, I think of the Visitation and Mary's Magnificat. And St. Elizabeth's own statement of faith when she calls Mary "the mother of my Lord."
5. Christmas music. Among my favorites is Handel's Messiah. Here is a You Tube version of "For Unto Us A Child is Born."

Photobucket

10 comments :

munchesmom said...

I had to chuckle at #2. Last year, our pastor told of a time he was w/ a priest friend. The phone rang & when the person asked the priest when Midnight Mass was, he told the caller that it was a 10pm. lOL!

In college, I was in London, England two days before Christmas. My friend & I were able to get tickets for the performance of Handel's Messiah in Royal Albert Hall. What an amazing performance!

Love your blog template for Advent...simple yet beautiful.

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

I love St Elizabeth as well. When we were in the throes of infertility, we clung to the story of Elizabeth and Zachariah (and of Hannah and Rachel in the Old Testament).

Karinann said...

Colleen,
Thanks for sharing your Advent blessings with us and for the beautiful video from Handel's Messiah. Thanks too for the link.
Hugs & Blessings!

noreen said...

You have many blessings to be thankful for Colleen!

Colleen said...

munchesmom, that performance in England must have been awesome! I sang in a local performance - in the choir) years ago - and I have never forgotten it. Glad you like my blog look. That picture just grabbed me!

Kristen, I was not Catholic nor going to church when I went through infertility. It would have helped. I did pray though. A lot!

Karinann, you are welcome! Glad you liked the video! God bless!

Noreen, yes, I am blessed! And so are you!

mary333 said...

People don't really ask you when midnight Mass is, do they? Lol! May your husband shower you with chocolate chip cookies this Christmas season!

Colleen said...

Mary, yes, they do! At least once a year and sometimes more often. Already received our one call this year! lol
Thanks for your chocolate chip cookie wishes! I am hoping!!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I remember years ago when Midnight Mass was actually at Midnight. Now it is at 9.00pm. Our Church sometimes does Midnight Mass twice. 9.00pm and again at Midnight.

God bless.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Dear Colleen, I promise not to ask you when the Midnight Mass is...but could you tell me, please, when the 10:00 am one is? I'd rather go to that! ::snicker snicker::

Your background is so very lovely!

The patron Karinann pulled for me this coming year is St. Thomas More!

Thank you for the beautiful music and for joining this meme each week.

Colleen said...

Victor, I had heard of churches switching midnight Mass to a different time but not having 2 of them!

Judy, St Thomas Moore was one of the first saints I had ever heard of.
BTW - the 10 Am Mass is two hours before midnight!!!
too funny!! LOL!