Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Thankful for Blessings- Music, Medics and More!

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. Have an attitude of gratitude! Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Also check out her other blog, her website and her newly published book! Thanks for this meme, Judy!
1. I am so thankful for my stepchildren and their families. We enjoyed celebrating Christmas with them this past weekend. So much fun and talking and laughing and just being together. Thank you, Lord.
2. I am so thankful for my sons and their families. I missed them a lot this past weekend, but they will be here this weekend to celebrate Christmas with us! Thank you, Lord.
3. I am so thankful for the cooler weather that has finally come our way! It is not exactly cold but I have hope! Thank you, Lord.
4. I am so thankful for music. I am watching the Kennedy Center Honors while I write this and I am a big fan of Neil Diamond who is among those being honored tonight. His music brings me back to my teens! A long time ago! Thank you, Lord.
5. I am so thankful that my husband is OK. He got sick at midnight Mass and wouldn't you know? There were nurses and paramedics and a doctor there attending Mass! What a relief to have them there. A God-incidence! He is doing fine (low blood sugar). Thank you, Lord.
What were some of your blessings this week?


Photobucket

6 comments :

Michael said...

Very nice reflection.

I hope you had a blessed Christmas! (and glad your husband is ok!)

God Bless you

Colleen said...

Michael, thank you! Happy New Year! God bless!

Colleen @ ID said...

Your new banner picture is beautiful too, Colleen!

Colleen said...

Colleen, thank you! Happy New Year!

Jean Wise said...

So glad your hubby is ok. What a scare. Really liked your gratefulness for music. What a gift from God that is. I will take time this week and thank Him for music too

Colleen said...

Jean, yes, my hubby did scare me!! I agree that music is such a gift. So uplifting and really touches the heart. God bless! Happy New Year!