Friday, January 13, 2012

Love to Laugh

1. Have you ever read the blog from Ree Drummond - Confessions of a Pioneer Woman? She lives with her family on a working ranch. She homeschools. She is really funny. And she takes great pictures. 
If you look at her website, there are recipes, too and she is doing a show on Food Network which begins with some new episodes tomorrow (Jan. 14).
But I love her blog posts best of all. They come in my email and I save them until late at night and I just laugh. And I love her posts on her dog, Charlie, best of all. So cute. They make my day. 

2. I would love to be funny. I would love to be able to write with the kind of wit that Ree does. But I am me and I need to accept myself as I am.
My hubby says I am funny and if I just let go, I would write funny stuff, too. I don't know about that. Maybe I just lack confidence. OR maybe hubby is just a bit biased.
My husband is funny. He cracks me up every day. Being able to make people laugh is a gift. I love laughing.

3. Fr. James Martin has been doing a series on Jesus' sense of humor. Have you seen it? Here is one episode:


Photobucket

4 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great post. Good video.

About the servants with the talents ... these days the servant who did not invest his talent would have done well. The other two would have lost their money when the banks collapsed!

God bless.

Colleen said...

Victor, like your story of the talents! How true! :)
thank you! I love your sense of humor!
God bless.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Glad you posted on this subject. In Eugenio Zolli's great work, The Nazarene, he brings out how Jesus delighted the crowds with his wit and humor. As father says, we've lost the understanding of some of these parables and most of the time we don't hear the kinds of things Father speaks about from the pulpit. Although it's quite scholarly, Zolli's book has opened my eyes to how the people of Jesus' time would have understood His words.

Colleen said...

Barb, that is so interesting about Zolli's book. I have never read it. I think we sometimes forget the joy of our faith. I love the pictures of Jesus laughing!