Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Perfect Prayer

Our retreat master last weekend told us that the Mass was the perfect prayer. Amen. And it got me to thinking how much I miss going to daily Mass.
I used to go everyday when my boys were young. I would bring them to Mass and then to school and then I would go back to church to work in the parish office.
Now I am an empty-nester but we moved about 40 minutes away from our church. Mass is at 7 am and I work 10-hour days. And I spend a lot of my time off, writing and sharing about prayer and faith and Catholic spirituality.
So my days are long and I get tired. Eventually I got out of the “habit” of going to daily Mass and would only go occasionally, probably out of a feeling of guilt.
Read more at the Community of Catholic Bloggers.

Photobucket

4 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God understands when we can't go to Mass as often as we'd like.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Victor, I so agree with you. And I have to remind myself of that. But I am now going out of love, not guilt. Makes a difference. Thank you! God bless!

Michael said...

There are plenty of other ways we can spend time with God daily ... as I know you do! None may be as perfect as the Mass, but they are beautiful in their own right.

God bless!

Colleen said...

Michael, yes, I agree. We need time for communal prayer and time for personal prayer. Not everyone can go to daily Mass. I know I cannot go everyday. but I love going when I can. I have missed it.