Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sabbath Moments - Moments of Peace

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
Some of my moments this week:
1. Listening to my chimes at night when all is dark and still. And looking at a beautiful moon at the same time. Very peaceful.
2. Trying to get back to "normal" (whatever that is) after the holidays is not always easy. The parish office was really busy this week. And there was lots of work to catch up on. So I need to take a breather sometimes and just sit in a quiet office for a few minutes to pray or read a reflection or two.
3. Went out to lunch with my hubby and a special friend who was in town for a few days. It felt good to be able to just sit and talk and catch up on what's new. With some friends, time and distance doesn't change a thing. Praise God.
Photobucket

6 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Getting back to "normal" after holidays or vacation is a challenge for me, too. Things seem a little off-kilter, and then the snow comes, I break out in hives again, or some other thing happens that interferes with a comfortable routine.

Like you, I'm making a little extra time for quiet and prayer to relieve stress and reorganize my thoughts.

Wind chimes are lovely. I like to hear them in the plentiful breezes we have here. Over the years they have grown comforting in some way - maybe saying that God is present in His creation.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Wind chimes and lunch with hubby and friends...sounds SO relaxing! Thanks for sharing Sabbath Moments with us!
I just love this meme:)
BTW, the regular meme that I participate in on Tuesdays has been discontinued by the hostess...so...I've created a new Tuesday meme and I hope you'll stop by to check it out...I think you will, personally, love it:) In fact...it is your joy and appreciation of Rich that inspired me to start it!

Colleen said...

Barb, extra time for quiet and prayer sounds like the right prescription for feeling off-kilter! Thanks. God bless.

Colleen said...

Judy, those wind chimes are very relaxing! I will check out your new meme for sure! Thanks! God bless.

Maria said...

Hi Colleen! Happy Ordinary Time!

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you! God bless!