Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sabbath Moments - Retreat, Rain and Rest

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
Some of my moments this week:
1. Sitting in my comfy cozy chair one night, listening to the rain, I felt such peace and comfort. I immediately thanked God for His gifts and let go of any worries I might have had. And just rested.
2. Another evening, I was praying while in my chair and I fell asleep!
3. Spent more time in the chapel this week, resting in the silence and love of Jesus in the blessed Sacrament.
4. I wrote earlier this week about going on a retreat last week with my husband. What a restful and spiritual weekend it was! Beautiful grounds. Quiet and peaceful. Inspiring talks. Daily Mass.
Photobucket

5 comments :

Jade said...

I also deeply sense God's peace and comfort when it rains. :) What a refreshing list.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Letting go of worries is really hard. I think God allows us to worry so that we will stop and trust in Him.

Colleen said...

Jade, thank you. I love rain (when I am cozy in my chair!!)

Barb, I think you are right!!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Resting with the rain and dozing off in a comfy chair...WOW...sounds like HEAVEN on Earth! Thanks for Sabbath Moments!

Colleen said...

Judy, it did feel like heaven! God bless!