Friday, January 20, 2012

Sabbath Moments - Some Favorite Moments

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
(I am posting this meme early this week as I am not going to be able to do so on Saturday and sometimes scheduling ahead doesn't work.)
Some of my moments this week:
1. I love to go into our chapel before Mass and spend some silent time before the Blessed Sacrament. When I hear the church bells ring, I go to find a seat. I have some alone time with Jesus and then I join my church community for Mass. It is a favorite moment of mine.
2. Throughout my day, I try to just stop where I am to take a deep breath and say hello to Jesus. On busy days at work, it is a very brief moment but a sabbath moment nonetheless.  
3. At this time of year, I am blessed to be able to see sunsets on my way home from work. Some evenings the sunset is spectacular and it takes my breath away. Other times the sky's colors are more subdued but just as beautiful as they blend together. Every day God paints a different picture.
(and not just with sunsets)!
Photobucket

3 comments :

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

God's creative masterpieces never cease to amaze me. I'll bet the view from Florida is simply breath-taking!
How wonderful that you can spend time in His Eucharistic Presence before Mass! How blessed we are to have the Blessed Sacrament! When I think of Our Lord saying, "Fear not, for I am with you always; even unto the end of time". . .I automatically think of THE BLESSED SACRAMENT! This was Jesus' way of staying with us on earth even whilst He prepares our place in heaven!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Church bells! How wonderful. I really miss hearing them where I live. Growing up they not only announced Mass, but also the Angelus at noon and 6:00. The bells were also rung at funerals. The bells are a call from God.

How about stopping to take some pictures of those gorgeous sunsets so we can enjoy them, too? I never get tired of sunrises or sunsets.

Colleen said...

Judy, I automatically think of the Blessed Sacrament too. What a gift Jesus gave us!

Barb, I love the bells, too. Makes me think of the Benedictine monastery where I became an oblate. One of these days, I will take a picture just for you!