Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Thankful for Blessings- Cool Days, Coffee and a Haircut!

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Please join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. When we remember our blessings, we find that we have a new attitude of gratitude! Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Also be sure to check out her other sites and her newly published book!
My blessings this week:
1. Cooler days and fresh air blowing through our little home.
2. Several new coffees to try at home and at work! What a blessing on a cool morning! Might I suggest a cafe mocha?
3. My grandson is a great blessing to me as you probably know already (not that I write about him too much)
:)
So here he is getting his first haircut and enjoying his first lollipop! Is he not precious?


4. We had a quiet weekend. I got caught up on some writing projects. We put away Christmas decorations and went out to eat twice! (with gift cards in hand!)
5. Thank you, Lord, for this day. Every new day is a gift.

Photobucket

6 comments :

Jean Wise said...

Love the photo. As you well know I don't like the cooler days but talked with a friend who is an RN at the hospital last night and she said we really do need the weather to get colder, so the pneumonia's and flus go away. Blessings hidden in the cold - less disease. God does know what He is doing! LOL

Colleen said...

Jean, I never thought of that about cold weather! We can find blessings everywhere. Because God is everywhere! :)

munchesmom said...

Besides the illnesses that Jean mentioned above, lack of cold leads to MANY bugs around here come spring & summer.

New coffees? Always a big blessing! Hope the little guy didn't get hair on his lollipop!

Colleen said...

munchesmom, oh my gosh! I think the lollipop was during a break in the action!
Let's pray for cold weather!
A good excuse for coffee too!
God bless!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

This post has me smiling from ear to ear...OH MY GOLLY, THAT LITTLE MAN IS SO PRECIOUS, indeed! And, I guess, if he got lollipop in his hair...there was a shampoo sink nearby for the rescue! LOL
Thanks so much for sharing the glimpses of your grandson...I SO enjoy them!
WOW! I am taken by the thoughts of "blessings in cold weather" from Jean's comment...now I will be pondering all day...the fact that the Lord gave us "seasons" to help keep us healthy! WOW!

I'm w/munchesmom on the "bug" thing...we have had a stream of warm weather here and our house is already filling up with stink bugs! Do you suppose there is a hidden blessing in THOSE nasty little guys? I'm still searching, if there is! ICK.

Your "coffee" blessing thrilled me! Oh, how I LOVE coffee! Did you drink your mocha, "iced"?

Colleen said...

Judy, I am so glad I could make you smile!
I do not know about finding blessings in bugs! Let me know! lol
You know I LOVE iced coffee but no, I drank this one hot. Yum!!
God bless!