Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thankful for Blessings- Family and Good News!

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. Have an attitude of gratitude! Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Also check out her other blog, her website and her newly published book! Thank you, Lord, for all our blessings!
1. I am so thankful for the time we spent last weekend with our sons and grandsons and daughter-in-law. We celebrated Christmas AND New Year's Day together. I have missed them all so much! My grandson, Landan, is growing so fast!
2. I am so thankful for the news we received this weekend. My grandsons are going to have a brother or sister this summer! Woo hoo! I am excited!
3. Weather is finally cold! Below freezing! Feels like winter is supposed to feel.
4. Christmas and Christmas lights are so nice to look at this time of year - very peaceful. And I love the balsalm smell from the candles.
5. I am thankful for phones that have cameras so I can take pictures like this one of my grandson, Landan, reading with his dad!


Photobucket

16 comments :

Sue Elvis said...

A new grandchild! How exciting, Colleen! Congratulations. I love your new look blog. God bless.

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

So glad you were able to get that time with your grandson. We spent New Years with my parents and grandparents and it was a wonderful time. Nothing like grandparents and great-grandparents and my kids LOVE it!
I love winter and the cold weather, unfortunately, I don't love standing out at the bus stop in the cutting wind with my daughter before the sun is up...but it's worth the sacrifice!

munchesmom said...

Congratulations Grandma! What exciting news for your family!

Landan is growing up so fast...such a cutie!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Thanks for sharing these WONDERFUL blessings Colleen! YAY for new babies on the way!!!
Your blog looks SO pretty!
And, I love that special holiday candle aroma, too:)
Thanks for sharing my sites and book in your intro, as well!
So glad to have you joining this meme again in the New Year!

Jean Wise said...

A new grandchild - What a blessing. Congrats!

Colleen said...

Everybody - my email and computer have had connection problems this week but I am back!

Sue, thank you!

Kristen, I wouldnt like the bus stop in the cold either! And I love being a grandmother!

munchesmom, thank you. Yes, he is a cutie!! :)

Judy, thank you. Happy new year!

Jean, thanks so much!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Congratulations on your new grandchild.

You're obviously better than me with cell-phones which take pictures. When my phone rings I keep pressing the wrong button and taking pictures of my ear.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Victor, LOL. I love your humor!
Thank you.
God bless you, too!

mary333 said...

Congratulations Colleen! Grammy's going to have another baby to spoil :) I loved the picture of Landon, he's getting so big! Where does the time go?! Reading already, is he ;)

God bless!

Colleen said...

Mary, so glad to "see" you here! Yes, another one to spoil! It does look like Landan is reading doesn't it?

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Congratulations, grandma! Kids are such fun to watch grow up and it's especially great to observe how brothers and sisters interact with one another.

Colleen said...

Barb, thank you! God bless!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Congratulations Grandma!

It looks like you had a truly blessed Christmas and New Year. :)

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you! I did!! Happy New Year!

Kathleen Basi said...

Congratulations on your new grandbaby! Love the picture on the masthead btw.

Colleen said...

Kathleen, thank you!